My partner and I spent 3 weeks in Tuscany last July. We have visited Italy throughout the years....but never returning to the same Inn/Resort. After our beautiful stay at Caminino, however, this need to search out something "new" will no longer be what guides us. Caminino and our lovely host Emy, made our (too short) 4 night stay no less than utterly magical.
As an avid traveler and someone who has been fortunate to enjoy 5 star experiences throughout the world, i can tell you, hands down, that this place is a gem. And an affordable one, at that!
From the Art that adorns the walls (the talent in this family spans generations and is as worth seeing as anything hanging in nearby florentine museum) to the wine produced by an ancient on-site vineyards.....you'll enjoy ALL there is to be discovered. The property has wonderful grounds to explore, as well.
I will be returning. Maybe even gathering friends and family for my upcoming wedding. This should tell you something! You'll leave with a happy heart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caminino is an antique farm estate of 200 hectares (500 acres), completely fenced, access to which is reserved exclusively for guests with reservations. A centenary olive grove, a panoramic vineyard where walking or jogging at the sight of the Montemassi castle, and a legendary cork oak forest surround the old exclusive private village, now offering agriturismo hospitality, with swimming pool (in warm season) and two ponds. Silence dominates, pleasantly interrupted by the sounds of nature. The view stretches, on clear days, to the sea, where the horizon is marked by the island of Giglio. The ancient villages of Roccatederighi, Montemassi, Sticciano and Montepescali are nearby located, crowning the landscape with their fortfied walls: they area reachable driving afew minutes and all offer a delicious choice of typical restaurants and wine bars.Not to miss & easily reachable: Massa Marittima, Siena, Montalcino, Pitigliano, Castiglione della Pescaia, Populonia, Bolgheri, the Maremma National Park, The Tarot Garden, Mount Amiata, the Terme di Saturnia, Roselle, S. Galgano, S. Antimo ... The total lack of traffic makes Caminino easy to be reached, both from Rome Leonardo da Vinci (200km / 124mi) and from Pisa Galileo Galilei (140km / 87mi), or from Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport (128km /80mi). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pieve di Caminino Historic Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Resort Pieve Di Caminino Hotel Roccatederighi
- Pieve Di Caminino Historic Farm Roccatederighi, Italy - Tuscany