“Simply fantastic”

Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Umbrian cuisine revisited. Local meats grilled specialties cooked to view in the large fireplace in the main room. Since the spring you can eat outside in the ancient court ... And the Tavern in the summer is always fresh course. Follow us on Facebook .. You will always be updated on the news!
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I discovered this restaurant, which was along a narrow alleyway, because they had lit the way with candles. I was shown into a cellar type seating area with a blazing log fire. I ordered lamb and it was grilled over the embers of the fire and tasted very good. A glass of wine, good bread and a tomato soup were included in the cover price. In all I had a very tasty, well balanced meal at remarkably low cost. It would be a great place for a romantic dinner for two or for a group of people. I was travelling alone but did not feel uncomfortable. Highly recommended.

Thank Helene Christin... P

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Taverna del Sette out did themselves the last time we ate there. I had grilled lamb chops and my wife had grilled pork chops. Both meats were cooked to perfection. Additionally I was served a side dish of potatoes cooked with greens. This dish was fabulous. I wish I could make it at home but I fear the greens are native to Italy and not available in the US. Additionally we both had delightful salads which we could have made a meal of alone. My wife's salad had fruit in it which she still raves about. The bread basket was wonderfully diverse and delicious as well. We topped the dinner off with a chocolate implosion cake which was molten and decadent.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Upscaled restaurant but with very moderate prices. Italian cuisine with a small French touch. Very cosy. In summertime the small courtyard is a magnificent place for a relaxing diner. The owners - two local youngsters - are offering an interesting choice of dishes. The winelist is impressive by his moderate prices even for some of the best Italian wines. And they do serve some special Belgian beers.

1  Thank Jos G
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Excellent place to try the local black celery soup. Don't forget to try the strangozzi with galletti (mushroom)

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Ive eaten here twice and have decided that this is one of my favorite restaurants in Umbria. A gifted chef and a fine, friendly, staff. Unpretentious, warm setting and truly delicious food. The menu is ambitious yet retains Umbrian soul. The truffle tortellini is over the top...