“Simple & delicious”

Price range: US$19 - US$62
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Warm, friendly, fresh, tasty, local oil and products, seasonnal menu, not overpriced, what else can you need ?

Reviewed 2 February 2014

A request for decent cucina casareccia resulted in a recommendation by the guys in the tabaccheria and turned out to be a good one. A cold grey January morning, the town empty. Inside the restaurant, a warm, friendly welcome, comfortable and inviting. The menu including local speciality celery, although as the proprietor explained,a bit late in the season was too good an opportunity to miss. Bruschette with Trevi celery puree, followed by a beef tagliata and a celery sauce, very competent, flavoursome and just plain good. Pudding of amaretti soaked into a soft confection topped with chocolate was excellent, a refreshing change from the usual dull puddings found in this part of Umbria. A restaurant I will recommend to friends and visitors.

1  Thank Culmalzie
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was lucky enough to be in Trevi during celery season, and the local specialties this restaurant cooked up were phenomenal and unlike anything I've ever had. My husband and I shared 2 bruschettas, one of which was topped with a divine pureed celery. For the first course we both enjoyed our dishes: a pasta dish with mushrooms and truffles, and a ravioli with pureed celery. The real winner was the second course that we shared: stuffed celery. We saw it on the menu as the main specialty and had no idea what to expect, but it was simply amazing. The dish is a whole celery stalk that is cut in half and stuffed with meat, then breaded with what I think was flour and a tomato sauce. It was so unique and flavorful - I will never forget that meal. The value was really unbelievable; we got all that food plus a carafe of wine for 39 euros!

Fabulous atmosphere and great service. Make a reservation! We almost got turned away because they were completely full and my heart sank, but luckily our hotel had called ahead and put our name on the list.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Three generations just enjoyed an excellent meal with the absolute best of local produce (wonderful oil, pasta, truffles,grilled meats) accompanied by very pleasant wines in a good atmosphere. We will be back.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I were in Trevi on a Thursday and were looking hard for somewhere to have lunch. Fortunately, we found Maggiolini. We enjoyed a good meal: some bruschetta to share and generous plates of pasta (tagliatelle with mushrooms and truffles for me and ravioli with tomato and zucchini for Mrs G). The service was impeccable and the food was very good as well as great value for money.

1  Thank DrGrace365