We stayed here for 4-nights as part of a Collette Explorations tour through Tuscany and Umbria. I had a nice room, and it was quite large for one person. I was surprised how nice the bathroom was, and I had a window in there as well. Be aware that your shower water will be all over the bathroom floor if you do not prepare the tub ahead of time. If you place a towel between the glass and the tub you will be fine!! Obviously, this was a problem the first night.
This location was chosen because it was convenient for seeing this region of Umbria, and the town is very small, which is nice: A locals kind of place. There was lots of construction and refurbishing going on in town, but it did not disturb us in the evening. I had another window in my bedroom, which overlooked the front of the hotel. The hotel looked like an castle, and apparently parts of the hotel were built in 1650.
The restaurant downstairs was nice, and we ate there one night as a group, but we found a lovely little restaurant on the town square, just as you enter the square on the left.
I did not have too much time to explore in the town due to morning departures. Overall, this is probably the nicest hotel in town and very centrally located for exploring the region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trevi is located on the top of an hill along the Flaminia speedway and is a charming small medieval Borgo, rich in art, in a overlooking position with a great view towards Assisi and Spoleto. Constructed in concentric circles, Trevi resembles a spiral-shaped shell which preserves intact its ancient heart: The Complex Antica Dimora alla Rocca, composed by two adjoining, historical Buildings of the XVII Century – Palazzo Valenti & Palazzo Urighi - and by the Medieval Borghetto del Mostaccio, less than 100 feet far from these. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Antica Dimora alla Rocca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Dimora Alla Rocca Hotel Trevi
- Antica Dimora Alla Rocca Trevi, Italy - Umbria