Antica Dimora alla Rocca
US$94
US$90
US$78
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Villa Zuccari(Montefalco)
Subretia(Montefalco)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreadolive oilthe main squarealla roccatour groupold palacethe managersa real gemcouldn't do enoughhistoric hotelnarrow streetseach mealthank you so muchcold cutspastapiazzatown
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Friendly staff and beautiful building. I would like to go back in the summer and swim in the pool! Great restaurant. No wifi but they let us use the lobby computer 24/7.

Room Tip: Get the room with the balcony
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank gretchlovestotravel
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed for 7 nights in the hotel as our base with a Page & Moy tour of Umbria in October 2011. The staff were professional and very friendly. The decor and furnishing were in keeping of a building of this age and grandure. The rooms were a good size and the bed very comfortable. Altogether a wonderful hotel with ambience and character. Our excusions were full and interesting and when we arrived back each day afternoon was served in the sitting room. The food was excellent tipically counrty Italian and varied.The local wines were good and very reasonably priced. On 2 nights there was no restaurant so we had to eat out and there was a good selection of small local restaraunts to choose from in such a small town. The black celery and Umbrian sausages a local delicasy and we worth a try. One of the best small hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 64Rod
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Me And my wife Booker a Double Deluxe room at antica dimora.the room with alfresco was large and cleane, the breakfast was served in a very particular Ambience. The staff was very professional and friendly. We had a lovely stay and all was tour satisfaction. We will suggest this 4 star hotel to all our friends .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank monacog360
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We went on a Page & Moy tour in September.2011. We thought we were staying in a 4 star Hotel but what we got was "Faulty Towers" paying 4 star prices.
I had asked for a good-sized room but got what must have the smallest room in the house. In fact the notice on the door referred to it as being a single bedroom. Although the facilities sounded good, the safe and the Jacuzzi bath did not work and the air conditioning, while efficient, was very noisy. We also had the added bonus of a HOT water toilet cistern, giving a new meaning to having a "Hot Flush", which often as not stuck in the open position and had to be manually stopped from flushing. On lifting the toilet lid you immediately felt the heat and on flushing it felt like a Sauna. To add to our misery we had black beetles scurrying about our room and bathroom floor. On one evening we managed to kill 7. The bedroom and bathroom floor was very dirty, resulting in my having to throw out my slippers on return home. No matter how careful we were the shower still flooded the floor.
The food, while well cooked and presented, lacked the variety and choice for a 4 Star establishment. We would certainly expect more of a choice and not a set menu for the price we paid for our holiday. This may have something to do with amount of money Page & Moy contributed to its cost. The breakfast was chaotic with another party sharing the same room. Cups missing, glasses missing, no teaspoons, etc. First morning tinned peaches & tinned prunes next morning tinned pineapple + prunes, next a.m. down to prunes fourth am no fruit except 2 old oranges and 2 bruised apples. By this time our party were bringing in their own fruit.
We were surprised to find that the hotel was surrounded by a building site. From early morning we had to endure the noise of the dumper trucks and diggers. The surrounding area was covered in dust. For the last two days of our holiday the builders erected a screen between the few hotel tables on the patio and the work being carried out.
Trevi is very small and not ideal as a holiday destination, not one of Italy's finest.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R S
Reviewed 21 October 2011

This was our 12th trip to Italy and our second to Umbria. Before deciding on which towns to stay, I would normally consult Tripadvisor and avoid towns that has only a few hotels to choose from or hotels that appear unattractive to me. I must admit though that I had known before hand that Trevi is off the beaten track for tourists, but I was smitten by what I saw on this hotel's website - a Suite Regal with frescoes on the walls in its sitting room. This is purportedly, room 101, with a small balcony.

After booking online for a Junior suite, I emailed Fabrizio and he had said 'with a possible upgrade to a Suite Regal'. How happy and naive I was, thinking that I have gotten myself a small upgrade (though the price difference was only 30-40 euros a night)! But how wrong I was when after flying some 12 hours into Rome, and another 3-4 hours to get into Foligno, and finally, a 15 minutes car transfer to Trevi (25 euros). We were then shown to room 401 in the Hotel's annex (merely a few steps away, just next block, and we could even see the Hotel's main entrance from our room).

On the spot, I had told the helpful Fabrizio, 'No, this must be some kind of mistake' but he explained they did not have a Suite Regal with frescoes on the walls. So, I reluctantly accepted his reasoning ... Anyway, I believe that room 401 was indeed a Junior suite alright - quite spacious with a painted ceiling, an antique fireplace and an entrance area, where you would find a sofa bed. Everything in the suite seemed pretty well maintained and well taken care of.

The huge bed, I must admit, was the most COMFY of all the 6 hotels in this Umbrian trip and we slept like babies, recovering from our jet lag.
Pillows, too, no need to add bath towels below to stack it up like in other Italian hotels. The mini-sized TV has about 16 channels including CNN and there was air-conditioning even in early October - all nice.

The best of all was, our package had included a free 4 course dinner! The chef at the Hotel's restaurant was so kind as to start cooking for us at 6.30pm daily when the usual opening time was 7.30pm. The free dinner was fine and we went back for a second night, this time, ordering ala carte from their menu - the food is indeed better this time and we were indeed happy.

The next day, Deborah arranged the same driver to take us to tour neighboring Montefalco and Bevagna, for a mere 80 euros for 4 hours - good value I thought. It was only then that I had realised my mistake - should have chosen Montefalco to stay when there are better hotels to stay at, more sights to visit as well as great shopping (good and cheap clothes there!). Even smaller Bavegna has more charm, sights and shopping than Trevi ...

Though it was no fault of the Hotel's, we thought Trevi is a only a good place for two or three hours as one travel guidebook has put it ' Two museums and Two churches' - indeed! Views are, nonetheless, quite nice but there are simply very few tourists here, thus, no shops for clothes, handicrafts etc. Believe me, even a hunt for a wine opener as well as a Pizza take-away had proved futile!

Disappointments in room 401 are these - there was no Wifi or internet connections in the suite (but advertised as having so in their booking system); small and antique TV of a mere 14 inches; no bathrobes nor slippers; safe not working; plastic cups instead of glass ones; no shower screen in the jacuzzi tub so it floods everytime my husband bathes; poorer range of toiletries with no body lotion, hair conditioner etc.

Luckily for us, there was free Wi-fi at the neighbouring Piazza Mazzini and Piazza Garibaldi. We often took our Ipad there to download email messages and check news from home. If you are happen to be in Trevi, do not miss out the gorgeous Villa Fabri on Piazza Garibaldi - gorgeous frescoes, chapel, back garden and that view!

After a two nights stay in Trevi, we took another car to Palazzo Bocci in Spello, a 30 minutes drive away. The charge was 40 euros, a tad expensive as our usual driver wasn't available on that day. Think twice again, before deciding on which towns to base your Umbrian trip.

Room Tip: Book the Suite Regal but ask to see photos first to confirm if it was indeed what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple