“Romantic Mountain Getaway”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Asolo
Brooklyn, New York
“Romantic Mountain Getaway”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My boyfriend and I fled Venice and headed to the hills for a romantic getaway to Asolo, based on a faint memory he had of it being nice ten years earlier. We had no idea where we were going to stay, but the man at the local cafe pointed us to Duse. Gabriella was extremely warm and helpful, and we felt like we were getting the real Italian experience being with her. Couldn't have asked for a more serendipitous and lovely hospitality experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bianca G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
shelburne
Reviewed 28 December 2012

this was my first time to italy! a 30th anniversary trip from my husband. We booked at the Hotel Duse as it fit within our budjet. What a charming place! we had a corner room that overlooked the centre of town. The view was breathtaking! Gabriella was wonderful!!!! She was very helpful as were all the other staff. Rooms were clean, and we had no complaints. The continental breakfast was more than sufficent to start your day. (peach pasteries were scrumptious!) You are in walking distance to beautiful views, homes, gardens, the Rocca, and delicious cafes, and restuarants. It felt like a storybook setting. Too beautiful to be real! I loved the location of this hotel, and the history behind the name! (you'll have to discover that yourself!) we are coming back with our children in 2013.

Room Tip: go second floor or higher for spectacular views
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Graz, Austria
Reviewed 23 October 2012

My parents already stayed in the hotel some weeks before and told me, how nice it is. We decided to return again during our one-week-trip through northern Italy.
Hotel Duse is a quite small hotel in the center of Asolo. Considering this place as health resort and all the luxury shops and jewelry stores around, the Hotel has very reasonable prices.
The rooms are pretty furnished in the refined Italian style. I liked the silence around very much and slept very well.
In the morning I woke up with the flavour of coffee and fresh croissants of breakfast. The lady at breakfast gave us a very welcome. When my parents told her, that they've already stayed there some weeks ago, she immediately recognised them.
My personal highlight was the great help by Ms. Arianna: I forgot two small rings in my room and couldn't go back to pick them up. I called to ask if it was possible to send them to my home. Only 10 days later I received a small parcel with my rings!

In total, I only can recommend the hotel to everyone travelling by.
I'll return for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The Hotel is right on the main square of this small village, easy to find. The rooms overlooking the square have a beautiful view, and despite being right over the main access road, they are quiet at night. Our room had big windows and was quite attractive. Breakfast was average but coffee is freshly made for you--something disappearing in the Veneto. What made this hotel memorable was the help and advice offered by the staff on getting around on a combination of public transportation and taxis, with reasonable prices guaranteed. It is not easy to get information about touring this area on public transport, but the staff made everything possible. Don't miss going to the nearby Palladian villa at Maser--one of his best!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank snowNovaScotia
MC
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Smelly, noisy , dirty , heating and shower were not working, unprofessional employees...maybe the worst experience I had in an hotel. And they asked for 90 euros/night for a single room. Speachless....

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
duseasolo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Duse, responded to this review, 7 April 2011
I'm so sorry for your bed experience but for the new clients I want to tell them that we renew the Hotel and now is clean and confortable.
Kind Regards

Monica
VA
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I stayed here in the summer of 1998 and had very fond memories of that visit. This visit was disappointing. It does not appear to have been updated in 10 years. The rooms are worn, stains on the carpet and bed-spread. Lights were dim in the room. Bathroom was clean. Front desk staff could not have been nicer or more friendly, really bent over backwards to help. For the condition of the hotel, for a week night, I thought the price was high, considering breakfast was not included. Asolo is a wonderful town, but I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VAbeachgirl
So now the price included the breakfast and we are very happy to have renovated the Hotel...So don't be woory if you are staying her again we will be happy to having you as our special guest.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2007

In August 2005 I rented a small apartment in Venice, close to St. Mark's Square, for a week, and I wanted to experience a smaller, less crowded place to relax before returning to the USA. Two friends independently recommended Asolo. I chose Hotel Duse because of the location: smack on the main square; size: more like a pensione than a hotel; and price: extremely reasonable for Italy and in the middle of August. I contacted the hotel directly through it's website, gave them the dates and asked for rates. The staff responded promptly and offered me a rate below the published rates, a single room with bathroom and breakfast included for 4 nights with the option of additional nights. It sounded too good to be true. From the moment I arrived the staff, especially Francesca, did everything imaginable to make my stay incredibly delighful--from mapping out day trips to picking up my laundry and dry cleaning. The hotel is spotlessly clean. I enjoyed my stay there so much, I am planning to return in August 2007 for an extended stay.

Brava, Francesca!!!

Stayed August 2005
4 Thank Jaswpbfla813
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asolo
Albergo Al Sole
Country House Barone D'Asolo
B&B Pleris
B&B Pleris
#2 of 13 in Asolo

Been to Hotel Duse? Share your experiences!