“A perfect weekend with Kayak Voss!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kayak Voss Day Tours

Kayak Voss Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Dag Sandvik and Julian Stocker are professional kayakers and successful athletes. With more then ten years of kayaking experience under their belt, their knowledge makes the kayaking experience unique. From beginner courses to expertise coaching with all the credibilities of the norwegian Kayaking Association. Bookings essential.
Vossavangen, Hordaland, Norway
“A perfect weekend with Kayak Voss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Kayak Voss get my upmost recommendation! We were 5 Girls doing a 2 day beginner course, one had padled a little seakayak before, one scared of boats/water, 2 who had padled a litte whitewater kayak before and one never been in a kayak and super nervous. Even though we were on totally different levels Julian guided us through the course with a calm proffesionalism spiced up with a good portion of humour, which made us all relax and enjoy the ride! He automaticly saw our individual needs and with patience and deep knowledge of his sport he thought us all what we needed to know to go on a tour down the river the second day. We all ended up loving it and will for sure go back on the river iger to learn more. Thank you Julian and Kayak Voss for sharing your time, passion and knowledge with us, it is was a perfect weekend filled with learning, fun, laughter,new experiences, getting wet, loving life and loving nature. We will be back!:)

Visited July 2013
JulianStocker, Owner at Kayak Voss Day Tours, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hi. Thank you so much for your review. It makes us blush :-) I had a great time with you girls to. Tone took a two day introduction course with us certified by the NPF (Norwegian Kayaking Association) and received the Våtkort credits. Again thank you for coming and hope you will join our follow up courses.

Vossevangen, Norway
“Fun - passion - love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

If you are looking for an experience when you will have great FUN, discover a PASSION for a new sport and realize that you LOVE nature and all its give you, Kayak Voss is a place to go. Two talented and well skilled instructors Dag and Julian show you all of this within a first class with them and you will definitely want to come back. Their coaching is constructive, giving you perfect guidance so you will be able to hit the river with them very early, while still feeling safe and confident!
Those guys are simply fun to paddle with and I always look towards the paddling sessions! Just after a first class you will realized you are becoming the part of the paddling community and there is no way back - but who would want to escape such a company :)

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review Lucie. We love Voss and kayaking and we are happy it has sparked across to you to. We train hard ourself to be the best kayakers you can learn with. Both of us me and Dag keep on working as instructors in winter times when there is snow in Voss in other places in the world. This is one of the ways we keep our training up to date. We are happy Lucie you have got what you have been looking for with Kayak Voss.

Lausanne, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you need a kayak...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I rented a boat from Kayak Voss. The guys were super nice and let me change boats as often as I wanted. Julian even let me borrow his personal playboat for an evening session.

Over all very friendly and helpful with where to go during dry days.

Visited September 2013
JulianStocker, Owner at Kayak Voss Day Tours, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you Jon for writing a review. Its one of our goals to make the rivers around Voss more accessible to everybody and we try our best to give you the boat which fits you best for the water levels around.

Hope to see you back in Voss Jon and thank you for your review.

Oxford, UK
“Fantastic coaching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I spent a superb day with Julian on the rivers around Voss. Julian is an excellent coach. He started me off on a stretch of river which suited my abilities as a novice paddler perfectly, but he also pushed me and by the end of the day my confidence and skill-level had improved enormously. (Hot soup for lunch by "money-drop" waterfall was also great fun.) A hugely valuable experience - I couldn't recommend Kayak Voss more highly.

Visited August 2013
Thank you Tim for your review. It was great fun to kayak with you and I take the liberty to tell our readers that you where having coaching training from me to master the Coast to Coast race triathlon in New Zealand in a couple of months time. Just recently you updated me with your success on finishing this race you where training for. This made me very proud that I could help you with input on paddling technique.

Congratulations!

Julian
“Not just a ride on the river, but also an understanding of it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Kayak Voss has the talent to teach both safety, knowledge of the river and they did it with a good sense of humour and positivity. They managed to see every person and her/his level and ambition. They share their passion for the sport and you can really tell that they are enjoying it and that got me inspired to continue with paddling. It is a great adrenaline boost and group activity, thanks to the guys who always were kind and calm. Even in those moment when I didn't understand one bit of what I was doing, they learned me what to do and understand the relation between me, the boat and the river.

Visited July 2013
Thank you Sofia for your comment. It's great that the spark has flew across to you and started a fire for the sport. Safety is one of our biggest concern and we are happy to read that you felt comfortable kayaking. Its was great fun taking you out on evenings during the weekday to give you coaching over a longer period during summer. It's incredible how much progress you did make with regular practice with some days of rest in between.

Thank you Sofia for coming kayaking with Kayak Voss.

Julian.