All reviews one night his wife train station strawberries small hotel very nice stay family room nice view new building modern conveniences many ways folk museum beautiful backdrop overlooking the mountains wonderful location peaceful place renovated farmhouse
Reviewed 6 December 2018 via mobile

Arrived late evening, but I loved driving in seeing the Christmas light guiding me. Staff members are so nice and smiling, and service minded! Loved the room, with seating area and a big bath! The breakfast was sooo good!! With local apple juice, fresh baked bread and homemade cookie figures. I did not miss anything! Left there with a smile, and hope to be back soon!!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed here for 3 days in the room called "Stovo".
The room has a nice view to the valley below. Bear in mind, that since the building is made of wood, you can hear every little step from your neighbours upstairs.
We had dinner every night there, and the food was delicious.
One thing thats's worth to mention is the staff member Sara (i think that was her name...).
She served us every day while we were there, and it's hard to find someone with the same level of competence, professionalism, courtesy and kindness nowadays. So kudos to her.

Overall a very nice stay there and would recommend if you're going to Norway.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SveinR136, Eier at Store Ringheim Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2018

Thank you for giving us such a nice review. And yes as you point out, you can hear your neighbour upstair in our old farmhouse. If you want it really quiet, please let us know. We have focused on reducing sound in our new rooms in the "tool shed".
Thank you for pointing out Sarahs proffesionalism and kindness, she is really a gem, and I will bring your words to her.
Welcome back any time :)

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. Originally booked one but added a second after deciding to extend our trip to Norway.

Hotel was cute and clean. Having reception at a lower level was less convenient but manageable.

They were able to provide us a crib for our baby both nights. One night was in room 6 which was nice and spacious but the second was in the family room which was much larger than our needs but only room available. Beware of the slopped roof as it is an attic room and I hit my head several times!

The restaurant was not as expected. It is claimed to be the best in Voss. Although it may be the fanciest in Voss I don’t know this translates to the best restaurant/food. Maybe we like simpler food but we enjoyed meals in the town center.

Breakfast: nice spread similar to what we encountered on our trip at other hotels. One similarity at almost all the hotels in Norway we stayed - coffee was bad. Watered down. Not specific to this hotel but in general what we encountered

I’d say although we enjoyed our stay some things for improvement is some of staffs knowledge of the menu/items on offer.

The hotel is like a 3 star hotel that has the looks as a 4 star.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here only one night but I wish we would’ve stayed much longer. The hotel was very charming with a lot of character. The decor was very tasteful. Our room was beautiful. They put a lot of attention to detail. The food was amazing. We had breakfast and dinner. Very well prepared and presented.
This is a great place to relax and disconnect. I highly recommend it. It is a little piece of heaven.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is a charming place, quite close to the city center (not walkable though) but removed enough to feel like you are in the country. I think it's superior to the much more expensive but very tired Fleischer's near the train station. Some things they could do better...

1. The food is very good, but the menu is limited and gets repetitive
2. Breakfast is pretty underwhelming. Could try harder here.

Date of stay: August 2018