All reviews the snow capped mountains near the train station buffet breakfast plenty of food main issue rooms are large free beer cannot comment out of date doesn t an upgrade open the window bed was comfortable good size evening meal lake norway
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Nice big hotel in the city center, near the train station. Friendly staff at your service. Has a family friendly Cafe and big conference rooms. The menu and wine cellar is very impressive. The only negative experience is that the drinks in the bar are soo basic and ridiculously expensive. The price should add up to the guests visiting, the Kardashians are not frequently visiting the bar,normal people are. So the rating would be much better if I didn't get ripped off so badly on a basic Aperol Spritzer that cost a fortune and tastes dull

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ann jeanette be... s
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We arrived quite late again, and had to leave our bags/cases etc. in a storage room in order to make the buffet dinner on time.

The food was quite varied and generally good quality but a bit too 'Oriental' for dinner - there was an enormous group of Chinese guests staying at the same time, so I imagine the hotel catered for them - so we had to improvise a little.

I ordered a beer to accompany dinner and the waiter brought two, which was surprising, but he explained that he had poured the first one with too much head and therefore it was 'two for the price of one' which was more surprising and very nice of him. He told us about an interior patio area where we could enjoy the free beer rather than immediately retiring to our room, so a little fresh air was appreciated.

The room was nice and comfortable, although I have to agree that the decor in the communal areas could do with an upgrade, but this is only a superficial thing - we were there to sleep the night before resuming our tour the following morning, so it was all good.

Breakfast was better than dinner - more of a European choice of fried things, fruit and different cereals as well as cold meats, cheeses and more Norwegian pickles.

The hotel is well located in the centre of Voss, which although very small is quite scenic so everything is accessible on foot.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I agree with a previous review regarding this hotel in that it is hard to rate. I really only have one negative in that the hotel is out of date particularly the rooms which look like they haven’t been refurbished in 30 plus years.
That said the rooms are large and comfortable and the view was simply outstanding right across the lake with the mountains beyond. This makes up for any shortcomings in decor.
The hotel is centrally located, best position in town. We had dinner & breakfast included which were both buffets. The food was plentiful and of reasonable quality. The staff were very polite and eager to please.
If you want friendly service, good location and scenery that you travel to Norway for this is well worth putting on your list, just don’t get too caught up about the decor.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tuggerpunter
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I grade here the dine tasting and restaurant not the hotel. Great cellar, perfect sommelier knowing a lot and interesting, great food and wine pairing, exceptional wines. Best wine tasting experience ever. I’m still impressed

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I was on a cruise holiday, probably the youngest person onboard after the crew! One of the excursions was to the town of Voss with lunch at this hotel. We were welcomed by friendly, charming and attentive staff. The lunch was buffet style with plenty of food, excellent salmon done in three ways. All the food was good, the restaurant had good views across the lake. I would definitely recommend a visit and maybe I will have the good fortune to stay a few nights in the future.

Date of stay: May 2018