Just returned from my first trip to Romania for skiing, there was 18 of us in the party was various levels of skiing andwhile the resort of Poiana Brasov has had its least snow for some 40 years, there was enough snow on the upper slopes and gave a choice of Blue, Red & Black runs, which allowed us to ski each day albeit limited.
The area runs a points system for ski passes and that was vey easy to monitor as you went along
The poor ski weather was more than made up by the Alpin Hotel and Ski Academy,
Skis, poles, boots, helmets and snowboards were all available for hire on site
There was a very efficient shuttle bus to the slopes which was only 5mins by bus
The hotel s excellent and has areas to meet all the needs of the group that I was with quiet areas to just sit and talk, good bar and restaurants as well as a night club
The rooms were spacious and kept clean each day by the housekeeping staff
Front desk were very helpful and able to advise on any questions we had there are a number of restaurants within walking distance.
Make sure you have Lie (Romanian Curreny) as the area does not take Euro or Stirling, there is a ATM in the hotel and a bank within 5mins walk
Local Bus into Brasov (12km) well worth the trip with added variety of Restaurants at not and 35-40 Lie (£7-8) return in taxi for 4.
Only negative was that sometimes there was noise at night that kept some of the party awake
But on the whole excellent can't wait to go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near Brasov city, in the well known sky resort Poiana Brasov, this luxury 5-star aparthotel offers you a breathtaking view on the surrounding Postavaru peak mountains. Alpin Hotel & Spa welcomes you in a wonderful setting, combining modernity and tradition, and offers you quality services. Come and discover its two restaurants, its disco bar club and have a relaxing break in the Spa Vitarium. Ideally located, this heaven of peace is the perfect place for mountain lovers. The property has event spaces consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom. Business services, wedding services, and tour assistance are available. Additional property amenities include a concierge desk, outside and inside kids playground, very nice open air terrace and sunbath area, multilingual staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your ALPIN Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpin Hotel Resort And Spa
- Alpin Hotel Poiana Brasov
- Alpin Hotel Brasov
- ALPIN Hotel Resort & Spa Poiana Brasov, Romania - Brasov County