“Wow! Perfection!”

Hotel Can Joan Capo
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sineu
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Wow, what can I say Can Joan Capo is just perfection.

Hotel/Rooms -

From the minute you arrive the hotel is breathtaking. The interior is well designed and has a rustic Majorcan charm!

Our room was just beautiful, with romantic canapy over the bed. Such attention to detail makes the rooms feel so homely! The room came equipped with its own fridge, dressing gowns and slippers!

Breakfast/Dinner -

Breakfast was delicious, home made bread and pastry are to die for!

Dinner was incredible, I would eat there every night if i could! Fantastic value for money!

Pool -

Small but perfectly adequate, always plenty of fresh clean towels and pool is never crowded.

Service -

The service was 5 star, the two owners made you feel at home always so friendly and helpful. As we has an early flight returning they even offered to make us up some pastrys to take away with us! This is what you call going the extra mile!

The only fault (and this is being picky) is that as the two owners were so busy running the hotel (it was just the two of them doing the cleaning, cooking and serving) it meant they were quite hard to get hold of and when we wanted to order a drink we felt quite awkward as we were aware they were very busy and we didn't want to interrupt! But as I say this is only very minor!

Overall Can Joan Capo is just the perfect place if your looking for an authentic stay in a beautiful town!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank MegMatt2014
There are newer reviews for Hotel Can Joan Capo

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I think my worst nightmare would have been spending two weeks with the gentleman complainer from Hamburg at Can Joan Capo. What a shining little wit!
Also I cannot believe his brutish comments on the pool lift for the disabled.
I agree the hotel is not to the standards of the George V, Paris or the Savoy or Claridges in London but has no pretensions to being so.
It is however extremely well run, spotless and a haven of tranquility. Noelia is "muy simpatica" and a veritable powerhouse of dedication.
She and her husband deserve to succeed and we wish them all the best.

One thing I cannot recall being advertised is that the lovely pool is salt water so has no bacteria or nasty chlorine.
Good luck Noelia, we shall return.

Graeme & Tricia
Edinburgh

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Deighton
cancapo, Propietario at Hotel Can Joan Capo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

You are a lovely peoples, thank you very much for your nice words, I'm very happy because thanks to your words I have a great reward. "I can go to sleep very quiet" See you.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Found this small hotel in Sineu through hotels.com. Majorca is a favourite travel destination for us and we have been to several small hotels in places like Orient or Soller, but this was the first time in Sineu. The hotel was excellent only has 8 rooms. Great spot if you like getting away from it all and taking in the atmosphere of old Spain.
The staff here are really attentive and breakfast is a thing of beauty. There is a small pool but I probably wouldn't recommend it for children or teenagers. If you can get one of the rooms with a balcony.
There are some great character restaurants in the town, authentic and great value, especially vino del casa. The whole place comes alive for the busy market on Wednesdays, something not to be missed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dr_Nick_P
cancapo, Propietario at Hotel Can Joan Capo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much, you and your wife are lovely also, I like talking to my guests, "but I have a horrible English" No problem!! I speak and my guests help me with the English languaje, everything is perfect for me because I am happy with your opinions. When I sense that a guest is not happy, I try to give them happiness and laughter. That's the best. Thank you

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have just returned after having had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel for the last two days of our cycling trip. Our room was gorgeous with its own terrace overlooking the courtyard. On our first evening we ate in the hotel restaurant & our sea bass was cooked to perfection. We had forgotten to fill out our breakfast requirements, was this a problem, no, Noelia had made us up a breakfast consisting of most items & it was all delicious & beautifully fresh. Not sure what coffee others mention, but the coffee we were served was the best we had all week, along with the amazing homemade yoghurt which again was outstanding! We spent a wonderful afternoon relaxing by the pool with a nice chilled bottle of white wine ( thanks Noelia for introducing us to the particular bottle). On our second evening we ventured out to another restaurant in the town & were so disappointed that we had not chosen to eat again in the hotel as the standard of the previous night's dinner was hard to beat. We had a fabulous stay here & will definitely return one day! We would like to thank Noelia who made our stay so memorable & thank you for your recommendation for the amazing tapas bar in Palma, we knew from your standards we would love it too!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MAJLAD

Thanks for your opinion, my hotel is small, it is not a 5 star hotel with great luxury, I will not pretend it to be that form. My hotel is the home of my guests where the guest is calm and eat very well because the food and the breakfast is very important, I do not want small portions and bad fruit, everything has to be good quality and I have a garden with fruits and vegetables all year round, my father cares and water fruits and vegetables, my guests are delighted with it. I wake up every day at 7 in the morning to prepare breakfast and I also cook at night for my guests, my employees make others tasks. Cooking is my passion, I like to create new dishes and decorate very nice, I like the fusion of different foods. The life is to be enjoyed!!!!!

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights at the end of November. It was off season, just before the annual closure (Dec/Jan). We had a great stay, and the first night we had a lovely dinner in the hotel. It is very nicely decorated. In the evening you can order what you want for breakfast the next morning. One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank goranmay
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Only being thirty minutes from Palma this is a great location to get away and enjoy some peace and quite. We stayed in the suite, it was so spacious, the bed was two twins pushed together (typical in European countries) but it was not all to comfortable, the bathtub was excellent, and i loved the couch in the sitting room. The breakfast they offer was exceptionally delicious with many opyions to choose from with choices of Majorcan dishes. The pool was perfect to lay out by early afternoon. The town was small but we found a nice tapas restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank clet86
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at Juan Capo at the end of August. It was our first trip to Majorca and we were looking for somewhere different. Juan Capo was it. We have never found anywhere with such beautiful décor throughout and with such attention to detail. We wanted to take it all home with us! Noellia and her staff worked hard to provide us with clean rooms and excellent breakfasts. Having chosen our menus the previous night, we were served promptly each morning with tastefully set out dishes, from local cheeses, hams and yogurts to smoked salmon and scrambled egg. Lovely!
We experienced 2 days of thunderstorms but in between cloudbursts, walked the surrounding countryside and hired cycles from the hotel.
We had a day in Palma. All we can say is that we were grateful to get back to our peaceful surroundings.
Sineu is a charming town with some beautiful historic buildings as well as a fabulous weekly market. If you can't find a bargain there, then you're very hard to please.
Finally, our travel agent messed up our booking and when we arrived at Juan Capo, late at night we found it overbooked. But Noellia found us a temporary room and upgraded us to a suite later in the week. Thank you Noellia for that. You averted a disaster and we ended up having a wonderful time on your island

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank anthonyvanessa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sineu
Sa Bassa Rotja Ecoturisme
Cas Comte Petit Hotel & Spa
Son Foguero
Son Foguero
#2 of 2 in Maria de la Salut

Been to Hotel Can Joan Capo? Share your experiences!