Denham Grove
Travelodge Uxbridge Central(Uxbridge)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn London Uxbridge Hotel(Uxbridge)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
Ethorpe Hotel(Gerrards Cross)
US$83
The Bull Hotel(Gerrards Cross)
US$138
Lyttleton Lodge(Uxbridge)
US$80
US$126
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel(Ruislip)(Great Value!)
US$92
PremierInn.com
US$118
US$106
US$96
All reviewsswimming poolcountry lanebar areachristmas partytea and coffeelovely groundssunday nightfamily roomrestaurant staffweekend staystayed here for one nightcourse mealwowcher dealfollowing morningcomfy bedfull englishvenue
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at the Denham Lodge in January 2014 after being badly let down last minute with a booking from the Tilehouse Lodge next door. The staff at the Denham Grove couldn't have been nicer. They bent over backwards to make up for our disappointment, even though none of it was their fault. We were by then very late in booking in, but they were great. The assistant manager even came personally to make up our daughter's bed, since the chambermaid had gone home ill; and went out of his way to find me some tea bags despite it being late evening. We were given a nice room and a complementary bottle of (quite decent) wine and a soft drink for our daughter to make up for having a bad day! The room was comfortable, the bed was huge and comfortable, and the room was very quite - we were in a courtyard room. Nice, modern bathroom with huge fluffy towels. Breakfast here was lovely, with lots of choices and very attentive staff who help with everything with a smile. Room service was excellent with a good choice at surprisingly good prices - cheaper than eating out at one of the local pubs would have been, and good quality. It was a relief as I couldn't face having to go out again! The pies were lovely, with lots of meat in them; tasty mash and onion gravy, fresh veggies. Very clean. The staff were pleasant and polite and even helped to sort out the misunderstanding with 'next door', and made us feel much better about the whole thing. Many thanks again to all the staff; you saved the day!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Magicratgirl
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My partner has done a review on this hotel already but failed to mention a couple of things so here I go:- yes we arrive at 17-45 but was told we had ten minutes to eat and drink before the bar and restaurant closed, we probably wouldn't have been served in that time, yes they offered a taxi to the village which we accepted and had a great evening, but they should have told us that the bar and restaurant were to be closed again the following evening! I phoned for plates and cutlery but took 40 minutes to get to our room, and without the plates! So another 5 minutes. The first impression I got when walking into our room was very poor, the carpets were stained with something, what I don't know but not a great first impression, the breakfast was great and the staff were great too, I understand what time of year it was when we stayed but should've had more staff on to compensate for how many guests they had to look after

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I spent Christmas here with a large group and the staff really rose to the occasion. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
I'd taken a bottle of Champagne for Christmas Day and I rather cheekily asked if I could have an ice bucket and glasses. A smile. And within ten minutes it was in my room.
Christmas lunch was lovely but on our table we were sprouts addicts. No problem. An extra bowl full promptly.
The group I was with was not easy(!!!!). I saw quite a few tricky situations bit the charming young staff showed patience and sensitivity. Seriously impressive.
The pool and gym are splendid.
It isn't five star in terms of the building or rooms, but I really wouldn't want to give a lower rating because the customer service really was special.
Thank you so much.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the last Friday and Saturday night before Christmas.We booked this weekend in july it was the only day's available on an advertised special discounted two day break .We arrived Friday night about 17.45 having worked all day I was really looking forward to an ice cold drink. But we were told to our amazement the bar shuts at 18.00 for a private function for drinks and food.. Well couldn't believe it to be fair to the hotel staff after complaining they offered free taxi transfer to and from the local village so that we could eat and drink with a free drink sent to our room also while waiting for taxi to arrive.
The next day we drove to Uxbridge to shop and look around , got back late in the afternoon looking forward to see what was on the menu for a nice romantic meal only to be told. ..............you guessed it couldn't believe it again. After complaining yet more the hotel management offered to send plates and cutlery up to our room so we could order a takeaway from the local Indian.
What can we say the management could not help us more being Christmas time, MAYBE IT WAS JUST BAD TIMING.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Having read some of the reviews I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. OK parts of the hotel are tired and in need of some TLC but room I had was comfortable, clean & had everything needed for a 1 night stay.Ate in the bar from the Bistro menu which had good choice and despite being busy service was good. Breakfast was good value at £8.50 with good choice and again good service.
Hotel is set up for conference and functions and as it was a Saturday night was busy with party nights and wedding so was a bit noisy but would still recommend for short stay.
Booked through Late Rooms got great deal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business