“Is not the worst place...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Denham Grove

Denham Grove
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denham
Macae, RJ
“Is not the worst place...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a training curse, but with i need to chose a place to stay i wont chose that one. The smell in the bedrooms is not good, is a strange smell.
The people from the hotel are very nice, the food is good too, but not the better place to eat.
The location is terrible for anyone going out, but if only to rest is good as it is in the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Larisa R,

Larisa R I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly with the room that you stayed in. since reading your response I have been around all of our bedroom stock to try and locate the smell that you described in your review, an i can not locate anything that smells out of the ordinary.

My direct Email address is: aconway@deverevenues,co.uk

I would appreciate very much if you would let me know so that I can ensure that no other customer experience this wile staying with us.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Coon Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Convenient location near the airport. I would pre-book a minicab (go online and pick a company, we paid about 50 pounds), the metered cabs will cost twice the amount. Check-in was smooth. The front desk was very friendly and accommodating so a good experience. Not so good part was the fact that there are no elevators, no carts for baggage (but they do have employees that can help). Our room was TINY, but I know they have larger rooms. I guess if you are spending all your time touring, then you only need the room to sleep in. The breakfast spread was limited but well prepared, delicious and worth the money. There are no underground stations within walking distance, one has to take a minicab to the nearest station (run you 8 to 12 pounds each way). Beds/pillows were very comfortable, rooms were clean and homely. We were there for a wedding at a nearby location, so this hotel was perfect for us.

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk up stairs, then choose a street level room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Raj P,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you have mentioned we are in a great location to fly from Heathrow, Raj P if you ever choose to stay with us again when flying from Heathrow, please ask us to book a cab for you, we have a great rate with a local taxi firm that charge a lot less than £50,00 for our customers.

I hope that you had a fantastic holiday, wherever you decided to travel to.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

kind regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

To make things easier I will just repost the e-mail I sent the manager yest! Would not recommend this place to anyone….
Good morning,

I am writing to you as a result of our awful stay with yourselves from the 9th - 11th April 2014. I was told by the duty manager that I would be contacted by the regional manager via e-mail regarding this stay and have still not heard anything. The stay started with the most appalling nights sleep due to an outrageous wedding that went on until 5 am !!!!!!!! After several attempts of trying to call the main reception my calls were unanswered and we were left dealing with people screaming and banging on doors! Finally we got to sleep just after 6 am, room service then knocked on our door at 8:45 ( even though there was a do not disturb sign outside) she knocked constantly until my husband finally got out of bed and asked her to leave by then we were up!! I went straight to reception to complain where I was told by the manager it was the worst wedding you had held for 5 years, I was also told that you kept the bar open until 5 am???? why was this when you had other guests staying?? The manager then said he would upgrade our room free of charge, this happened in the afternoon and we set ourselves up for a better evening and night.
We decided to go down to you bar and order some food, 45 minutes we were kept waiting along with another couple!! We all complained and then had to wait another 10 minutes for the bar staff to go and find out what had happened to it. When he returned with the food he apologised and I explained about how our stay had started and that I was not impressed, but we gave him the benefit of the doubt and carried on. That night we placed the "do not disturb" sign outside our door yet again and went to bed (remembering we had a total of 2 hours sleep the night before). 8:30 banging on the door commences and does not stop until we answer it and its house keeping again!! The following evening we decided to give the bar another go as we did not know the local area or where to go out for food. The same barman served us and surprise surprise 45 minutes wait again, I then went up and asked what on earth was going on and I was greeted with another 10 minute wait for our food to appear. This time even the barman was embarrassed and gave us a free drink. Which is besides the point….. what sort of customer service is this?????
Needless to say on our last morning we were rudely disturbed yet again by house keeping and we decided enough was enough and that we were going home. I went to main reception at 9:30 am to make a formal complaint about the entire stay. The manager did not say a lot other than the fact he wasn't going to charge me for my stay. To be honest I would much rather had paid for my stay and actually enjoyed it but the point was we came home more tired than when we left!! We are full time dairy farmers up at 4am 365 days a year, the very last thing we wanted was to come away to a so say relaxing and calming hotel with beautiful rooms and facilities and leave with bags under our eyes and to be honest absolutely appalled at the way everything was dealt with. We had planned to bring all our family for a stay later in the year which it goes without saying will not be happening now. I was promised by the duty manager that I would be contacted by the regional manager which has not happened and quite honestly I didn't expect it. Never have I been more disappointed with a hotel or with a companies customer service. I shall be writing my review on trip adviser.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scarlett M
Dear Scarlett M,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay at Staverton Park. Unfortunately you have managed to place a review of a different De Vere Property onto Denham Groves trip advisor page.

Scarlett M feedback is absolutely essential to De Vere Venues as a business, and is something that we pride ourselves on being able to absorb well and react to effectively. All of our properties do their very best to ensure that every customer every time is looked after. I have been in contact with the Operations Manager at Staverton Park to share your disappointment (I am sure that they will be in contact with you soon).

Once more I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues during your stay, if there is anything that I can do to assist in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My details are available on the De Vere Denham Grove website under the Contact Us section.

Andrew Conway

Travellers are raving about these Denham hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I haven't stayed here for over year, but stayed here on business this week.
A very good stay, the staff were very friendly, especially the young girl behind the bar, very good at her job.
I has the buffet option in the restaurant, £15 fir three courses, each as much as you like, great value.
In addition the breakfast was superb, a great range of choice!
My only issue here is that I can't always get in here during the week, and have to use other hotels in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mattzzzz 76,

Thank you so much for your feedback, i will of course ensure that the relevant departments and staff members receive your kind words.

I am extremely sorry that you are not always able to get in with us midweek, if you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to look at future dates and availability for you.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had booked a one night stay at this hotel for a friend's wedding at the nearby Pinewood Studios. I had made the booking and paid in advance in February for the room and breakfast for the both of us the following morning after receiving a promotional offer via email. We have previously stayed at another DeVere venue and had been very impressed. Unfortunately, this venue did not live up to the same standards. We arrived relatively late at night and there was no one at reception. It was also not obvious as to how we would go about finding anyone to check us in which meant that we had wander around until we found the bar and asked there. Someone who was not smartly dressed at all then checked us in very hurriedly. I double checked that the room and breakfast had been pre-paid but was told that breakfast had not been. As it was late I did not question this and we went to the room. The annexed buildings really are very unattractive. The room itself was large however the one cup provided in the bathroom was cracked and the room had not been properly cleaned, as evidenced by us finding the left over wrappings of a shirt and a half empty packet of medicated Strepsils. The bed, despite being a double, had a giant ridge/join down the middle as though two single mattresses had been pushed together making for a very uncomfortable night sleep.The coverlet also had some rather unappetizing stains/marks. The next morning, I walked across to reception to double check the breakfast booking where I was then informed that actually nothing had been paid for, including the room. Confused, I went back to my room to check my emails and bank statement and could indeed see that from my email from DeVere that I had indeed booked a breakfast and from my bank statement that I had paid in advance for everything in February. I returned to reception to show the receptionist both the email and bank statement that I had indeed booked for and paid for both the room and breakfast. She then pretty much said 'oh, don't worry about it then'. It's very concerning that two people could not tell me with confidence whether or not I had paid for either the room or breakfast and just looked confused by the whole process. The breakfast was actually rather good and the service staff within the restaurant extremely polite. Overall, a very disappointing experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear VHTLondonGirl85,

Thank you very much for your feedback, I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you faced while staying with us.

I have since fully investigated the areas that you have mentioned in your feedback. I have, along side my Head of Departments put the necessary measures in place to ensure that the problems you encountered do not happen moving forward.

VHTLondonGirl85, please let me know if you are needing to stay in this area again in the future as I would relish the opportunity to show you that we can get it right for you here at Denham.

Once more thank you for your feedback.

Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here over Mother's Day weekend with family and from the moment we checked in to the moment we left everything was just perfect. As a hospitality professional myself, I am all about great service, great food, and cleanliness. This hotel lived up my expectations and more.

Service - Front desk staff were friendly and helpful upon check in, they really put themselves out to make sure everything okay. James the bartender was working when we arrived at 4pm and worked until 5am until the wedding guests left, he back working in the restaurant at 7am when we departed. This guy deserve a medal!

Food - The restaurant food was awesome, plenty to choose from and very tasty. I have no idea how the chef got the whipped cream for the lemon meringue pie so light and fluffy, it was just perfect.

Cleanliness - The beds were so comfortable, nice and soft. The maid Manena split the double bed into a twin while we waited, very professional. I was worried about the hot water in the morning, but there was plenty to go around early morning time. The room warmed up quick throughout the night, I was amazed at how such a small radiator could put out so much heat.

Problems: Only one complaint....This hotel needs a lift/elevator - Really not suitable for elderly guests to climb the stairs to the second floor - maybe they should put a request in to corporate to install a lift.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Andrew C, Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Druid2020,

Thank you so very much for your lovely feedback, I am so happy that you found so many aspects of your stay to your liking.

Coming from a customer that is actually in hospitality, your kind words mean a lot to us here at Denham.
I am so glad that you were impressed by James I will certainly be passing your comments on to him personally, he has actually just departed on a month sabbatical so will give him your message on his return. (well deserved indeed)

I completely take on board your comments regarding lift access and is something that I will be looking into.

Once more thank you for your kind words, and I look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I drove 4 hours to get to this hotel and i was contemplating leaving as soon as I got there. The room was cold, empty and unwelcoming. The food was awful and I was made to order from a 'menu' that fell apart in my hands. I then had to order food from a member of staff who barely knew english and who's customer service was non existent. The 'spa'? The sauna was out of order, the hot tub was out of order, the music in the gym was out of order. What was in order?
Absolutely terrible stay. I will never recommend anyone to stay at this place, nor will I be visiting again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Andrew C, Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear John J,

My Name is Andrew Conway I am the Operations Manager of De Vere Denham Grove.

I would like to apologise for your experience, I am so sorry that you encountered so many issues while staying with us.

At Denham, while do our best to ensure that all of our customers are well looked after, we do realise that we do not always get it right. We do however pride ourselves with trying to problem solve and cater for our customers needs as best we can while they are with us.

I would love the opportunity to talk through your complaint in more depth.

My contact Email is found under the Contact us section of the Denham Grove Website, if you would be kind enough to email me directly I would then be able to follow this up in more detail with my team.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,656 reviews

Been to Denham Grove? Share your experiences!