“No service, nice location - but far away from everything...”
Review of Denham Grove

Denham Grove
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denham
Oslo, Norway
“No service, nice location - but far away from everything...”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was here on business purposes. The hotel is a bit shabby and could need some refurbishing. The safe was not working, the shower was dripping, and the bathroom was quite shabby.

The service is almost not existing, and they are not able or willing to help with issues. The food is at best mediocre, it tastes the same every single day. The swimming pool is nice, but very occupied by swimming classes. If I did not have to go there because of work, I would never go back.

Room Tip: Be aware not to get a room close to the bar, as it is quite noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
whitejo, General Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear ncbj,

Thank you for your recent review on our Trip Advisor review site.

I am so sorry and disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Feedback such as yours is incredibly important to me as it does give me the opportunity to refocus our improvements and training with our the whole team in Denham Grove. Please be assured I take your comments extremely seriously and will be addressing these in the coming weeks.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail.

Joanne White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

For a major player in the Hotel Industry, the service standards at this venue are truly appalling. The rooms are satisfactory and depending on the mood of the computer - you may get a nice room with a lovely view over the parkland or you may get a small room with no view which is as far away from the bar and restaurant as possible - on a Sunday night with very few residents - why??

An area of the bar with a large screen TV showing football had been cordoned off for conference delegates to eat a buffet, so the rest of the hotel was left to watch a small screen dangling on a bracket from the ceiling. Of course - none of the conference delegates were watching the large screen TV!!

The bar staff treat customers and management with utter contempt. The customer has to wait until they have finished, chatting, texting, hitting, swearing or arguing with each other (delete as applicable), then and only then will they begrudgingly dispense a drink of poor quality, in a warm, water stained glass filled to about two thirds and have the audacity to charge over £4 for a pint!! One poor customer asked for a single malt whisky and was given Bells!!! Product knowledge??? Nah - skipped that with the customer service training.

As for breakfast - after that experience I skipped it. I went to check out and was told I owed nothing - but a receipt was not forthcoming. I had to demand a copy of the bill three times before I was actually given a copy.

Devere - you can do better than this

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Timthetrainer
Dear TimtheTrainer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our venue Denham Grove.

I am genuinely so sorry for the problems that you encountered. Customers are central to our business as you have kindly pointed out in your review and I am sorry that this sentiment was not reflective of the service you experienced from my team.

As the General Manager I take personal responsibility for any of my guests experience in Denham Grove. Your feedback is hugely appreciated and I would like to assure you this has given me the opportunity to re-focus our training and service in the venue to make some much needed improvements.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and please do feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this in more detail.

Joanne White

Travellers are raving about these Denham hotels

Liverpool
Reviewed 1 July 2014

While visited london for business purposes stayed in de Vere denham grove , I choose de Vere us I know they brand is very good - and denham is the perfect prove for that !!! Very competitive prices , great service , free tea & coffee , absolutely outstanding breakfast , cheap taxi to get to the nearest tube station , but the best are the staff - absolutely highlight of the whole stay from reception staff , waiters to the tall chef who helped me to book train ticket using his mobile internet to book it - and the best was that it was his offer to do it , so you can have 5 stars hotel for huge price but you will never have outstanding customer service as you can experience in denham ! We'll done de Vere , will use it again for granted !!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Waynegeorge
Dear waynegeorge,

Thank you for your lovely review of our venue Denham Grove.

I am so pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and please be assured I will share your feedback with my whole team here in Denham. Feedback is really important to us in the venue.

I was particularly pleased to read of the care our chef took with you, we only have one very tall chef here in Denham Grove - so I will thank him personally for his attention!

I hope we can welcome you back to Denham Grove in the future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed for two nights did not use shower the first night as late arriving, went to use next day to find the shower did not work. Had to have a bath but difficult to turn the taps as so close to wall. Wardrobe only had one hanger no storage available so clothes ended up all over the floor. Clock in bathroom not working. The pool was excellent size but limited avaliability due to swimming club.we stayed in room 33 right next door to pool,due to the small changing rooms people changed in corridor right outside. Most problems just need better maintenance. Best part of hotel are the spacious grounds

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 32 & 33
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annesmith129
Dear annesmith129,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on our Trip Advisor site.

I am extremely sorry to read of the difficulties you experienced with your shower and we are currently reviewing all of our shower fixtures to check they are in full working order. We do operate childrens swimming lessons each day for a short period (except Sunday), these are usually finished by 5pm and by 1pm on a Saturday. Any guest wishing to have further details, times can be located on our main leisure page website.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope the problem you experienced with your shower would not deter you from using our venue again in the future.

Ny
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Used this hotel on business trip , clean , friendly and great location , didn't use most of the facilities but free tea & coffee available all day round with free cookies ! Breakfast very pleasant - best omelette I had for years , and very good selections , restaurant nice with great dinner - eat as much as you like for 15£ absolutely bargain ! Definite telly will use again

• Stayed June 2014
Dear likefoodhmm,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with us in Denham Grove.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, particularly your omlette for breakfast! Rest assured I will let Joss our Breakfast Chef know of your feedback, she will be delighted!

I do hope we can welcome you back to Denham Grove in the future.

Liverpool
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed as a part of the conference for one week , and used both of the parts of the hotel , conference & leisure , and absolutely 5***** , we dine on all options and all of them absolutely great !!! Every day different meals on a buffet option and eat as much as you like , we had a curry dinner , what is served every Thursday night & BBQ dinner on Wednesday and both top class , rooms great , reception friendly , staff absolutely great , will use again for sure , summarising great people in right place with fantastic food

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mastermind1981
Dear Mastermind1981,

Thank you for your kind review following your week long stay with us in Denham Grove.

I am delighted to read of your positive experience and that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Please be assured I will share your feedback with our whole team.

Thank you again for sharing your review and I do hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.

uttoxeter
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel with work this week. The hotel itself was fine and the leisure facilities looked OK, although I did not use them. The restaurant however was truly dreadfull. There is no menu available, instead it works on a self service buffet system. We were almost the first in & by then the burgers and various other offerings were already piled high & drying nicely under the barely sufficient heat lamps. Do not visit this hotel if you are expecting a fine dining experience.
How a hotel of this standing can operate with such a poor restaurant is beyond belief.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear clare h,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay with us in Denham Grove.

I am so sorry to read of your poor and unacceptable experience in our restaurant. We do normally pride ourselves on our great food quality and regularly receive positive feedback in this aspect. However, it is clear we have not been consistent with this during your stay and for this I am truly sorry. Please be assured I take such feedback extremely seriously and will be working very closely with our Head Chef to ensure we are far more consistent in the future.

Thank you again for your review.

Joanne White
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Travelodge Uxbridge Central
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 5 in Uxbridge

Been to Denham Grove? Share your experiences!