“Re:Meal with Freinds”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Feathers Hotel

The Feathers Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Budleigh Salterton
The Feathers Hotel
Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
“Re:Meal with Freinds”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This time we managed to buy their fantastic haddock & chips with mushy peas, which are freshly caught just 50 yards away from the beach.Very good value & an excellent range of ales on display, but it is essential to arriove early to buy their freshly caught fish.

Room Tip: Book before 7pm to be able to buy their fresh fish.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank amstrads7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Booked a table at The Feathers while staying in Budleigh for a long weekend. Place was very busy but we were made welcome. Staff were very friendly and service excellent; food hot and very tasty. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank WiseBird1957
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Stayed for a long weekend.... NO Heating or Hot Water in the room it was -3 outside, absolutely terrible the Hot meals were nice though, Budleigh is a quiet seaside town but I will never stay at the Feathers again there are so many more comfortable places to stay in this seaside town.

• Stayed January 2013
12 Thank martins1969
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My daughter and I only ate at The Feathers and I have only ever written one lovely review about a hotel but the service that we had made me so disgusted that I felt compelled to write a review. We waited 45 mins for our food which was just an all day breakfast which surely cannot be difficult to rustle up. We watched everyone else get their food before us - don't know if they were locals. Then our order came out wrong, poor bloke serving us was sent backwards and forwards from the kitchen checking what was on our plate and literally counting the items as the chef seemed unwilling to change it and then said they had run out of what was missing, I asked why I wasn't told when I ordered and he said he didn't realise they had run out. Felt a bit sorry for him - shame the chef couldn't have come out herself. The breakfast itself was awful, 2 sausages meant 2 cheap chipolatas that were microwaved! After our meal the surly lady chef came out and got our plates probably to see the couple that were moaning as she wasn't clearing any other tables, no sorry just gave us filthy looks. Then we went to the toilet before we left and they were laughing about what nightmares we were!! Really horrible place, horrible people and will never go back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Louise T
London
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Full marks to this place just a pebble throw from the sea. Warmly welcomed on arrival, top class evening meal, loads to choose from, good selection of drinks, huge comfortable rooms, enormous breakfast, great value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LondonFozzy
Wiltshire
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

Happened to be parked across the road whilst visiting the town, read other reviews so decided to go in for a meal. Good selection on the menu & some good deals on the lite bites. We selected from the specials board & were not disappointed, superb quality at a reasonable price. May go back before the end of our holiday. Staff were very pleasant, thank you.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Chris W
Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

After calling in at a B & B with no vacancies, the landlady there said she knew a nice place where I may get a room... The Feathers. I proceeded to The Feathers after parking my car in the free car park by the Town Hall (2 mins away and loads of room). The Feathers is a clean, well kept pub with a friendly, lovely land lady called Joan who makes you feel welcome from the word go. Joan showed me to my room (called The Lounge) and it was great with a large double bedroom and a fantastic sized bathroom with a great sized electric shower. To say it was roomy would be an understatement. Coffee facilities, tv and wifi were all available. After settling in I proceeded downstairs into the lounge bar of the pub to get fed and watered. The pub is very popular and has three real ales, ciders and that fizzy lager stuff. The surroundings are nice and the menu sounded good with also a host of specials to choose from. I ordered a mixed grill even though they usually are not as big as I expect but to my suprise when it arrived (after a very reasonable time) my plate was full of well cooked food laid out perfectly on the plate. It looked good, it tasted great. I retired later that evening after a pleasant evening with the friendly locals to a comfortable bed and enjoyed a good sleep. In the morning at the arranged time Joan cooked me a good sized, ok proper mans size full english breakfast that was perfect. With ample toast & fresh coffee I was again very pleased.
I travel extensively with work and stay in many pubs, private hotels and hotel chains. I do not recommend highly very often but in this case feel compelled to write a good review as everything was great. Polite friendly staff, polite friendly customers, great beers, fantastic food, lovely accomodation and a really nice, caring, efficient landlady. In the words of Arnie "I'l be back" whenever I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Just tell Joan what you require and let her accomodate you.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
#4 of 13 in Sidmouth
Victoria Hotel
Victoria Hotel
#3 of 13 in Sidmouth

Been to The Feathers Hotel? Share your experiences!