“Rude service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Premier Cafe
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Fish cafe serving local fish as well as award-winning fish and chips.Also has non- fish and veterinarian options and is licences. Along side the restaurant is a busy fish and chip take-away
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

Very expensive. Was served by a very rude women would not go back again.food was very average.A family couldnt afford to eat here,save your money and drive to Exmouth

• Visited October 2012
Blissetts, Owner at Premier Cafe, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Good morning,

I have just read your review of the Premier Cafe, Budleigh Salterton and am sorry that you found your visit unsatisfactory.
Please could you let me know when you visited us and whether your meal was from our take-away or in our restaurant in order that I can take matters further internally as this is unacceptable.

Simon Blissett

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Much Above Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I stopped in Budleigh en route to Cornwall. Our B&B recommended The Premier Fish and Chip Shop. Okay, good old fashioned fish and chips would suit as my wife is a non meat eater and we were tired and hungry. Two hours later having feasted on a Taste of Devon: mixed fish for starters, grilled plaice, new potatoes and fresh vegetables, (despite 'my' weakness for traditional fish and chips), English wine?? Yes, very good and local. We resisted the Fizz and chips as we felt that was going a bit too far. Rounded off with a good pud., coffee and nattering to the hosts.

A lovely friendly atmosphere run by dedicated owners making maximum use of local produce. We thoroughly recommend the small cosy restaurant and observed all the many take-aways were cooked to order.

Charles and Susy Cooper

• Visited September 2012
“Not impressed....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

For the being the only fish and chip shop you would think the food would be pretty good, but then I guess as it is the only one they can get away with not being so great.

The chips were awful and burnt like they were from lunch time and hadn't been freshly cooked.

The one good thing was that they cooked the fish fresh there and then when you ordered it, however the batter was really soggy.

Price was not great £35 for 4 of us!

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Good food, Bad customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

I recently visited this shop twice in a week. On both occassions I had to queue a long time. The real bug bear which was annoying enough to prompt me to write my first ever review. I placed my order and waited a long time and when I eventually got to be served. Some other man appeared and commodered the till to serve up 17 fish and chips in front of me which took ages and took them away (I assume a telephone order). The girl on the till was very embarrassed and kept apologising, the man and the fryer never once gave eye contact. When it came to serving my order, the chips had run out. Very, very disappointing! I do not understand why the food warmers were empty, if you are know you are going to be busy why not better stock up to enable faster service. Take note of the 7 P's, look it up.

• Visited August 2012
Blissetts, Owner at Premier Cafe, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am glad that you liked the food.
You are correct the 17 fish and chips were one of our half-hourly telephone orders and the person who appeared to help serve the 17 was actually trying to move the order through to avoid further delay.

We never stack food in our hot box in anticipation as we only cook to order so that the food is a fresh as possible.

I'm sorry that you found the wait unacceptable. We do our best to move things along as quickly as we can during busy times, unfortunately you got caught behind a large order......apologies

Simon Blissett
Oxfordshire
“Traditional fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We had a very nice meal here. The restaurant was basic but clean and the girls serving friendly.

Fish and chips was great, although I wish I had seen the other specials.

We had a nice bottle of Rose with it, so good value, friendly....

• Visited August 2012