“Excellent 'horsy' break”

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent 'horsy' break”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Booked a weekend away with Equestrian Breaks, including 2 nights B&B, 2 lessons and 2 hacks. Absolutely thoroughly enjoyed it. The lessons were just right, not having ridden in over 2 years and the hacks took us through some amazing scenery, again just the right amount of cantering taking into account all the sore spots that had announced themselves in the saddle area! Everyone was cheerful and friendly and helpful, great team! Loved the Oaklodge Cafe where the food we had was excellent and made a great resting place in between rides, whilst watching the proceedings! It's a horsy person's heaven! Would definitely recommend this place and would love to come back again sometime.

Having read some of the previous reviews, our experience was that the staff all knew which horses were being ridden that day, and bearing in mind that anything horsy in definitely variable, we were mounted and away on time or max 10 mins within time booked.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank HelMont

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I organised a morning's hacking with this stables as part of a stag weekend for 10 blokes. Chrissy and Rob were fantastic - patient, welcoming, funny, relaxed and very knowledgeable and flexible. It was a great morning, with spectacular views and a good time had by all, both experienced and novice riders alike. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ribiculous
Exmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Second home!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The stables is my second home! I love every minute of my time here. All of the instructors and staff are cheerful and friendly and always happy to help and assist. The horses are all lovely and look happy and well cared for. When I first started to ride here I was carefully matched to a horse that was appropriate to my ability and my instructor was patient and encouraging. I was hooked from my very first lesson. The yard is set in a lovely part of East Devon and the surrounding area is wonderful to go hacking in. Would recommend to everyone!

3 Thank Natalie H
London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“An experience of two halves”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We visited with our daughter during the Whitsun week half term and the fact that it was so busy may have affected the experience.

We booked by phone on the morning we visited and managed to book a fifteen minute lesson followed by a 15 minute ride (hack?) for our daughter.

When we arrived on site, it wasn't immediately obvious where we needed to report and we found the office open but deserted. Staff were teaching in the paddock but we didn't want to disturb them so there we waited.

Eventually a member of staff appeared and started to run about the place organising horses, staff and equipment, all the while completely ignoring us.

Much later, another member of staff appeared, asked us if we were alright and told us that someone would be with us soon.

Eventually, the first member of staff reappeared and stood still for long enough for me to talk to her and we were given a short form to complete. As we finished filling this in, the phone rang and without looking up she spent 10 minutes on the phone taking a booking whilst were left waiting for something to happen. Much later a different passing member of staff asked if we were being looked after and as our original host was still talking on the phone we transferred our attention to her instead.

So. 40 minutes after we arrived and 25 minutes after the appointed time for the lesson my daughter finally made it onto a horse.

Although it was five minutes short of the 30 minutes allotted The lesson itself was excellent and our daughter really enjoyed herself. There is a fab, friendly and efficient on site cafe overlooking the paddock so you can watch your child.

Perhaps we caught them on a bad day, perhaps not, but the poor service we experienced would make us think twice before returning.

1 Thank Pete S
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My Sanctuary”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have been lucky enough to ride here for many years, with family, friends and colleagues. The family and staff are always welcoming and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The welfare of the horses and ponies and rider safety and enjoyment is paramount. It is the best yard I have ever ridden at, it is set within a wonderful and tranquil woodland setting and whatever the weather, being there always provides me with a true sense of well being. I love it!

3 Thank Sally F