“Proper pub”

The Sir Walter Raleigh
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 16th Century Village Pub. 4 Good Cask Beers With Traditional Pub Food. We Are Open From 11.00 To 14.30 Then 18.00 To 23.00.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is how proper English pub should be. Full of character, no Muzak, simple but well cooked food, an excellent range of constantly changing real ales, and efficient friendly staff. Perfect.

1  Thank Podiathingg

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I would recommend The Sir Walter Raleigh to anyone, Chris and Sally go all out to make you feel welcome, good selection of ales at very good prices, I have been to this pub many times with my mates, I only live 3 miles away its well worth a visit, it is with out doubt the best pub around.

1  Thank ronald m
Reviewed 8 May 2014

As a local I love coming here. It is great ale and great pub food. Chris and Sally have done wonders with this place. I would recommend it especially the ham egg and chips

1  Thank Kmas2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great beer superb friendly staff lovely pub have a great time every time my partner and I visit. The landlord takes a great pride of his ales.

1  Thank Saints111
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I often drop in here as i'm a local.

Cut to the chase and waste no time....it's the best rural pub for miles. The landlord (Chris) is a lovely chap and the staff very amiable. There is a good selection of local ales. If you like your real ales and one of the CAMRA set you'll be in seventh heaven. Chris chooses the guest beers very well indeed.

It's also a gastro pub and the food is locally sourced. A group of friends and myself choose to dine here on our annual christmas dinner. It's a proper olde worlde pub with low ceilings, exposed beams and resident ghosts. A pub with a soul.

Try it. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Terrobean
christopher j m, Owner at The Sir Walter Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Sally and i would like to say thank you to the person who left the last review.We strive to give good service,good pub food and good beer from the West Country all at the best Price we can manage.