“Excellent Breakfast!”

Mcmillans Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Although I live in Crediton, I often visit Budleigh Salterton to meet my friend for a long walk followed by breakfast. McMillans is a relatively new discovery, and what a treat! They already know what I like, and will always modify my order if I choose to. The guys are lovely and friendly and it's always good value (full English to be recommended, bubble and squeak is delicious!). I'll definitely keep coming back!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My favourite breakfast haunt! Being a musician, I am often not free in the evening, so my husband, friends and I, more often choose to go out for breakfast and this has definitely become our breakfast eqiuvalent of 'my local'! John and Simon know exactly what I like and I can go in, order 'my usual', potter about in the High Street and go back for a delicious breakfast and coffee, just as I like it. The Chinns sausages are second to none and I love the fact that they are not dripping with fat. Simon and John are always friendly and welcoming and a huge bonus is that they are open for sensible breakfast hours from 0730 - perfect for busy, working people. I have taken countless friends there and they have not been disappointed. Oh, and good value for money too!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I visited this deli after reading these wonderful reviews. Unfortunately, the service I received couldn't have been so different.
As I walked in, the two gentlemen were swearing at each other, totally unaware that I was standing in the doorway. I didn't let this stop me entering and went to have a browse.
First of all, the shelf stock I felt was overpriced for what you're getting. I walked over to the counter, struggling to get through as there were tables and too many chairs so the place felt cramped. The food didn't look appetising at all, and also, DIDN'T LOOK HOMEMADE!!! (He claims he makes his food).
I was put off by this, and also by them both following me round the shop, making me feel uneasy, not at all friendly.

I ended up buying a sandwich at the co-op next door as I wasn't willing to spend my money here.

8  Thank Krissy P
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This deli has been what budleigh needed for a long time
Extremely friendly and helpful with quality produce from fresh bread to excellent quiche, cheeses, cold meats
Their range of home made chocolates are as good as anywhere
There are two or three tables to sit inside and have coffee which is excellent or a light lunch
They also cater for those who want an early breakfast

Reviewed 12 October 2013

What an excellent deli. Not to be missed. I'll soon be back to try a breakfast. Wonderful range of cheeses, cold meats, pie and pasties, as well as lovely items from caviar, special sardines, great jam, cakes, bread etc etc. the choice of sandwiches and wraps are really different and sound yummy
John and his colleague are very helpful and friendly.
You must try the chocolates ........
Enjoyed a well made Latte ... Good to see people popping in and clearly loving the place.
Johns giving a cooking demo tomorrow at the Town Hall for the Food festival