“family night out”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
gosport
“family night out”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Once again went a really nice evening this is the second time we have visited this restaurant and again the staff are very welcoming and friendly the food was really good and served hot the buffet has a wide range of choices and i would highly recommend this place to anyone

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank riccazadem

“Best all you can eat Chinese in the area”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Unlike most all you can eats this is not a buffet nor are you forced to eat a whole set menu before getting more.

This is freshly cooked food bought to your table by friendly staff. The only rule is you order it you eat it and once you've finished your starters and ordered a main you can't go back to the starters again.

The portions aren't huge but finish it and they'll bring your more it's that's simple. Food was always hot and tasted good.

I think the price is around £15 pp but slightly less during the week.

Overall good value and good food, we've since been back and it's now our go to sit in Chinese restaurant despite not bei g the closest.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JamesandNatasha
Gosport, United Kingdom
“First Timer”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went there last week for the first time and will definitely be going back. We had the 'all you can eat' and as a party of 6 - we certainly did that!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Magic-Mumma
“Quality buffet”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Love the choice. Dishes not too large so gives you an opportunity to try more. Food quality excellent. Best Chinese in Gosport.

1 Thank Maximus0603
“Pest control needed !”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We went for a meal Sunday evening, the starters came out what was nice, then I went to the toilet. When I left the toilet, I saw a mouse running from the kitchen to underneath the vacuum cleaner , I walked In to the kitchen asked for management . I wish I had not now ! The lady manager came and say she knows she has a problem because they come up the stairs .. I said why not keep the door shut .. I simply refused to pay and leave . I will be contacting EHO about what I saw.. I am disgusted to think they know they have a problem but have not dealt with it !

6 Thank Steve W
nlau64, Manager at Great Wall Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Steve W,

I'd like to apologise for the experience you had at our restaurant. Whilst I am unable to confirm which member of staff you spoke to (our only female member of management has been on holiday since March 14th and you said your visit was last Sunday), we'd like to address a few issues you brought up.

There seems to have been an unfortunate miscarriage of information regarding your initial verbal complaint. We do in fact take our pest control very seriously and have a contract with a company, with records dating back to 2011. We have a multitude of the latest equipment to handle vermin and try our very best. The restaurant shares a waste disposal/bin area with several other food establishments including a fish and chip shop, kebab and cafe which also increases our risk of exposure to pests even when we ensure our waste is properly disposed of.

I'd like to apologise on behalf of the restaurant and assure the public this isn't an issue we have ever come across before and hopefully one that will not crop up again.