“Not as bad as some reviews suggest.”

Bridgemary Manor Hotel
Ranked #16 of 20 Gosport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as away at friends party. We were met by a friendly bar maid who also acted as receptionist. Gave us all relevant info and was very polite. The hotel seems dated and old fashioned when compared to say a travel lodge. Room and bathroom were clean and functional. Breakfast was good and staff polite. For a night away and for the price you can't really complain.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank holidayJohn35

Reviewed 11 September 2013

On arrival was met with efficient staff. Given details of room and other useful info. The room 5 is small single but with everything you might need. Had a good meal which was reasonable price wise. There are signs of wear and tear and with time and money this is easily fixed probably fair to say it's value for money. @

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have just got back after spending a night here with my family, booked the family room and to be honest when I read the reports on here thought we would be in for a horrendous stay!!

How wrong was I the couple who are now managing this hotel are wonderful, friendly and nothing is to much for them,,,,, (very different from the previous management from what I can understand after reading the reviews!)

The room was clean, with clean sheets and what I would expect in a room, and breakfast was very nice also, (choice of cooked breakfast, cereal, etc) was served with a smile to.

The new management made us very welcome and the place is now family friendly (which again I gathered it wasn't before) They have only been managing there a few weeks and seem to have made a huge difference.
I would certainly return

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank samanthablatt
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Turned up at the manor hotel, was booked in the four poster room, what a disgrace. The décor was foul and out dated. The staff where okay. I could over look the vile décor but there was no hot water when we arrived, after my partner complaining they promised hot water in the next couple of hours, we did have a few drinks on the house cause of the the lack of hot water. After a few hours we tried the water again, both shower and bath after was freezing cold. Even next morning water was freezing so we asked for a refund and left. Would not recommend it at all. Forgot to say, woke up the next morning after staying there covered in bites. The girls who worked there did try there best for us, I blame it on the manager.

Room Tip: A good tip is, do not use this hotel ever
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank haleh s
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before last yr and vowed never to return but work booked it before I knew I was staying there again.
My last encounter was miserable manager and not so happy staff , what a change , but of music on , laughing staff , and I could not see the miserable manager
I thought they were on holiday then I heard They had gone , I assume left , it just felt so different , outside benches need looking at but I'm sure who ever taken this on will sort it , I notice its for sale , seemed busy when I was there so whoever buys it , treat your staff n customers right , you will do ok
I will be back . SP

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Pritchard123
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in room 6 only for 1 night but it was a good night. The hotel was welcoming and friendly (except the step on the way in which I missed). The room was compact but nice a clean. Good running shower and bath and all very clean. A good selection of tv channels. Downstairs the bar was very good and with pub prices and what loojed like a nice food menu that was available.

All in all it was a very nice stay well reconmended.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank penfold1972
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Just off A32, lovely hotel and pub. Very friendly, rooms very clean, food brilliant, not too many pennies for bed and breakfast. Homemade food too. Close to HMS Collingwood and Submarine Museum. About 10 mins from M27. Would reccommend, thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple