“Great restaurant in a great location!”

Pebbles Fish & Wine Bar
Ranked #16 of 176 Restaurants in Gosport
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a busy place right on the seafront. You overlook a beach scene and on sunny days it has a holiday atmosphere. The service was a tiny bit slow but we did hit the rush hour! The service was friendly and they asked a couple of times if everything was alright. The cuisine is pretty basic but well cooked and the portions enormous so you won't go hungry. Overall a very pleasant lunch. They do a cheap lunch deal on a restricted menu for OAPs from Mondays to Thursdays.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

What a great meal! Four of us had tapas and the portions were very good and the quality was fantastic. We shared 8 plates over these evening and that was plenty. The prices were good value and service excellent, we would go again for either the tapas or al la carte menu and recommend to others

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Good value, service & view of the Solent. Plentiful portions. Try their Wednesday Jazz Nights. Would recommend.

1  Thank Hiloria
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Four of us visited on a fine sunny and wind-free Friday evening. The views to the sea and the Isle of Wight were great as we drove to the restaurant and, indeed, as we were sitting in it. The starters are listed on a blackboard under the title 'Tapas'. This is somewhat inappropriate, since rather than being small snacks they are quite sizeable portions. My wife and I chose the whitebait, which was very tasty and accompanied by tartare sauce and a fresh salad. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar were available to dress the salad, or you could ask for some other form of dressing. Another of our party chose the Serrano ham and Manchego cheese tapa. Again this was a splendid-looking plateful and I rather regretted not ordering it myself.

The main courses are served on large plates which are very well filled with (perhaps too much) food. I chose grilled mahi-mahi with a wine sauce. This tasted fine. The accompanying new potatoes still had some firmness, which is just as I like them. Again there was a large salad, also an overlarge mound of cole slaw. It is OK to provide a generous portion but sometimes this can be overdone. My wife had battered 'fish of the day' (choice of haddock or cod) with an enormous portion of chips and salad. Another of our party had grilled marlin, which looked very good. Our fourth diner does not eat fish and chose chicken strips with chips. These looked seriously overcooked, the batter a darkish brown, and they certainly took him a while to eat even though he is normally a fast eater.

The wine by the glass (we chose French Sauvignon blanc) was fine as were the coffees, which were made on a proper machine. Overall we enjoyed our evening and the excellent location with seaviews certainly contributed to this.

3  Thank BroLucius
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have written a review for this restaurant before, but I have just come back from there tonight and thought it deserves another review. My husband and I went for jazz night which created a lively atmosphere. The food was excellent as always and great value for money portions. The staff are efficient and very friendly. Definitely worth a visit!