“brilliant”

Trinity’s At The Lightship
Ranked #8 of 173 Restaurants in Gosport
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Very unique venue moored in Haslar marina . Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. This converted lightship has three decks,available for hire for all your events The flight deck has the best views of Portsmouth harbour. Membership available at £5.00 Per person per year. Open at 9am to 11am for breakfast.Lunch 12pm to 3pm. Dinner 6pm to 9.30Pm . We have a fully stocked bar and welcome drinkers 11am to 11pm . Fish counter is situated on the flight deck Children friendly and dogs welcome on the top deck
Gosport, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My visits to the lightship was amazing , the venue is the most beautiful, with views of Portsmouth harbour,

The food is 5 star and the service friendly and efficient . My fish and chips was priced at £9.95 and worth every penny, the batter was crisp ,the fish was to die for, home made chips and coleslaw. Followed by homemade crème caramel which was the best I have every had.
This is now my favourite restaurant and I highly recommended it.

1 Thank dianelecointe

Fareham, United Kingdom
“lunch”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First and last visit. Very bad service and food awful.

Lasagne burnt and inedible. Chips looked to have seen better days and soggy lettuce.

My Ice cream Sundae consisted of three scoops of ice cream with a sliced strawberry, plus stalk and a piece of plastic presumably from the ice cream container.

8 Thank val g
“" A must to visit while in Portsmouth"”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A restaurant with a difference............
well worth a visit when you are visiting Portsmouth perfect for cocktails while taking in the magnificent views of the surrounding Harbour
The food is yummy and the staff very friendly and attentive and I will definitely recommend this venue to my friends and family.

2 Thank Debbie J
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Enormous improvement under new management”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I returned to the Lightship for a lunchtime drink last Sunday, in the knowledge that it has been taken over by new management. First impressions were very good, atmosphere excellent and had a very enjoyable hour watching great service and yummy food being served. It was clean and had some very nice touches= candles on the tables and the impression that someone actually cares.

My last review under the previous management was justifiably terrible, pretty sure that things have improved beyond measure, will be eating there in the very near future

3 Thank Gelcoatcleaner
“Under new managment. Must try. Superb!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I recently went for a dinner and breakfast at the lightship.
The ship is under new management and the team have done wonders!
For dinner we were treated to a fantastic fish and chips. Batter was light and crispy! Roast belly of of pork with caramelised apples and an incredible apple cider sauce! The crackling was crisp and if thrown on the ground would have shattered! The meat was moist and flavoursum.
We also had perfectly cooked mussels for starters and an incredibly wholesome haddock soup. We could pick out the pieces and texture of haddock! Was not just a mushy mix!

We also had the plaice. This was incredibly cooked. So much so we asked to talk to the executive chef, Geoff and the owner Maria.
Both are lovely people.
We asked about the dishes. The plaice is cooked with a home made nut butter, the batter on the "fish and chips" is made with locally produced beer! The roast vegetables are all cooked separately so as to keep the crispness of each one according to individual roasting times(and you can tell!)
The chips, the chef double fries.!
Crisp on the outside and they were fluffy on the inside. However no oil was left on our fingers!

I can go on and on. But let me say in total my wife and I had.

Starters
Mussels
Filled mushroom (was sublime to with cheese and fresh basil dressing)
Haddock soup.

Mains
Roast belly of pork with roasted vegetables, caramised apples and apple sauce and sautaed potatoes.

Platter of
Plaice
Home made fish cake
Roast potatoes
Roast vegetables
Tartar sauce ( this was made fresh. Right down to the mayonnaise being made from raw.

They make almost everything from scratch. Every sauce dressing etc... Fish is purchased fresh from the morning local fish catches.
This was enough to feed 4! But we wanted to try as much as possible during our visit!

Breakfast we had
smoked salmon and two poached eggs on toasted crumpets.
Value for money is outstanding!
Service and staff were very attentive to.

Definitely a must try!