“Excellent value friendly service”
Review of Hardy's at Haslar

Hardy's at Haslar
Ranked #5 of 171 Restaurants in Gosport
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value friendly service”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Located in the Hasler marina in Gosport but in the public access area this light and airy cafe offers good value and friendly service.
The sausage bagget I choose at £3.00 was filled with a tasty nicely herb/spiced sausage my partner had a bacon version which looked as good. The menu looked packed with tasty treats for a more filling lunch but as we only had a short time to eat we opted for a simple lunch, next time I will make time to try the main meals too.
My exceptions of a marina based cafe were low (high prices and moderate quality) but Hardys was neither of these offering tasty fare at excellent prices, a welcome haven of hospitality on a very warm day!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Viking_Raider

“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Living locally lots of our friends had told us how good the food at Hardy's was so we decided to try it ourselves last night. We were, to put it simply, stunned. For starters we had asparagus on roasted peppers with manchego shavings and king prawns, we both chose poached salmon on noodles for main- delicious, everything was cooked to perfection. Also a lovely bottle of Viognier very reasonably priced. With two courses, pre and post drinks and a bottle of wine the bill was about £80. The most difficult part of the evening was choosing what to eat- so we will have to go back to taste some other dishes!

3 Thank Joy S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wedding Reception”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have reviewed this Restaurant before and I would like to review it once again but for a different reason, this time being my Wedding Reception. My wife to be and I were here for Sunday lunch -which again was first class- and started to discuss as to where we could hold our wedding reception when by chance the owner came by and not one for missing an opportunity my partner asked if she catered for Wedding Receptions to which she replied,Yes. On Friday the 30th of May my wife were Married and although the total of guests totalled only 21the afternoon went swimmingly well, from the way Sarah Conchie and her staff laid out the tables, to the ordering and presentation of the meals to be eaten. We were not let down. For those people reading this and if you live within reasonable travelling distance of this venue then I would like to suggest you take the time to visit Hardys of Haslar and judge for your self, I'm sure you would not be disappointed. Give a go.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank 324mick
Burton, United Kingdom
“Yes, we are from Burton”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Three of us ate early on a recommendation and were not disappointed. Julie the waitress was was welcoming and quickly established we were from 'her neck of the woods'. The food was excellent, freshly cooked and I guess we benefited from being early as there was little waiting time. Pleasingly the tables filled up as we ate and created a good atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Steve D
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Should be Number 1 in Gosport”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently visited Hardy's, having never been there despite living nearby for a while. I am so very glad my partner and I decided to try it as the whole evening was fantastic. There is a fair sized bar area which is nice for an aperitif before dinner, and the restaurant, although not huge was a good size and manageable. All to often you can go to restaurants which are too big and the quality of the food and service suffer. Here, you definitely do not have that problem. The food was excellent and all home-made. We opted for steak, we wanted the lamb as it sounded lovely, but they were out of lamb having been busy all day. It did not matter as the steak was so tender and came out just the way we like it. Normally when you go to other restaurants and ask for a rare steak it always comes out medium/rare. The food was that good we ordered 3 courses, typically we only have 1. The choice of wines is good and not to expensive. As for the staff, well, they were all lovely - quick, friendly, helpful. Well done Hardy's, we will definitely be back and would highly recommend it. In my view, you really should be the No' 1 place to go for lovely service and high quality food in Gosport and surrounding area.

• Visited March 2014