“Don't Walk By - Walk In!!!”
Review of TK Snax

TK Snax
Ranked #13 of 177 Restaurants in Gosport
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Authentic Mexican, Caribbean and other cultural food as well as English Cafe favourites. Food available to eat in or take away. Based in Gosport, Hampshire.
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have known about TK Snax for ages and, as they do a Bacon Buttie and a cuppa for £1.75, I have popped in for the best value breakfast in Gosport several times.Today though, I finally got round to trying some of the extensive menu and I wished I had started ages ago!

A Belly Busting Breakfast Burrito for £3.95 to start with, packed full of flavour, I didn't feel like eating for the rest of the day!

However............I had to order something to take away so, a Jerk Pulled Pork Roll, Jamaican Beef Pattie, Belize Chicken Tamale and some Naga Chunks!

The Naga chunks were described as OUCH! and I was advised to have some milk on standby, they did not dissapoint! Top tip, don't eat them with your fingers, things tend to tingle later if you forget to wash your hands!!!

Later on I devoured the pulled pork roll and pattie, both full of flavour again, the tamales will have to wait.

TK Snax is a small, unassuming cafe from the outside but it has probably the best food in the area for those that seek a change from the mass produced stuff you seem to find all over the place these days and the prices are amazing when you consider everything is made to order and, above all, authentic.

1  Thank Banjo191

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I eat in this restaurant twice a week and am consistently impressed with the quality of the meals and value for money.
Marten has worked hard to build a great reputation and it is well deserved. If you haven't tried this restaurant I recommend you pay a visit soon, you are missing a real treat.

Thanks Marten, you are priceless mate

2  Thank Steve O
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I have seen TK's every time I used the ferry and as a lover of barbacoa cooked food and slow cooked pulled pork, I knew I had to try the food, I am just annoyed that I hadn't been sooner.

The menu is extensive and the food brilliant, fresh cooked to order with some brilliant hot sauces, and great value for money

If like me yo have seen TK's but not been in, go and try it, we will be going for lunch every Saturday!

1  Thank sjbullnet
Reviewed 24 June 2013

An absolutely delightful little cafe with a menu that needs a wall to display. Photos of typical dishes that actually look like what is served. Spicy and different. A must see and try.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Having read the reviews and on the way to Alverstoke, called in for lunch taken sitting in the sun in the nearby gardens. Could it really be this good. You bet it can, excellent Jerk Pulled Pork with Apple Sauce served in a bap and placed in a box ideal for sitting in the park. A superb meal and all for £3.50 per person. How does he do it ? Will be back earlier rather than later starting off with the Tamales, then the Belizean Meat Pie and working our way through from there. The Pork was accompanied by excellent hot chocolate and Grace Coconut Water. Finished off with Coconut Ice Cream, it can’t get any better. Thank you Dave, we will be coming across in that ferry and beating a path to your door.

1  Thank bsandrs