“Excellent course, great boat and perfect learning atmosphere...”
Review of Nomad Sailing

Nomad Sailing
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Gosport
More attraction details
Owner description: From one day sailing experiences in the Solent to full RYA training, Nomad Sailing provide a safe, sound and good humoured way to get out on the water on our fully equipped modern cruising yacht with highly qualified instructors. Food, accomodation and wet weather gear provided on all our courses.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Nomad (and specifically Jim in this case) ran a great course. It's clear that they enjoy both sailing and teaching and hand you the reins in an easygoing manner while being very clear about how and why you do things: an excellent and very enjoyable learning environment. Nomad is a superb boat (Jeanneau Sunfast 36) and we were pelting across the solent in very short order. I picked up an enormous amount of technical knowhow during my time on the course and will be back for more. Very highly recommended indeed.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had a great week with Nomad Sailing. I was doing my five-day coastal skipper practical. Nomad were great and I’m glad to say at the end of the five days I not only had my Coastal Skipper qualification but also I felt as though I had a much greater understanding of sailing and had rounded out my skills. Jim (my instructor) has a relaxed teaching style that takes any stress out of sailing and you know he has always got things covered if you make mistakes. Great people, fab teaching style and ‘Nomad One’ their boat sails beautifully. I’ve been on other school boats and training courses and Nomad is the best so far. Totally recommend Nomad sailing, K

1  Thank agilekev
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Highly recommend doing your Day Skipper's course with Nomad. Lou was an attentive instructor but not overbearing and never barking out orders. A nice combination of learning, assessment, constructive feedback and social banter on the boat during the 5 days.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was introduced to Lou and Jim at Nomad Sailing in 2011 and have never looked back. Having passed my Day Skipper practical and Yacht Master theory I was looking for a company that would enable me to build up miles/experience in a friendly and professional environment. Nomad ticked both boxes. Since then I have sailed with Nomad many times on educational weekends and participating in the Round the Island Race - this year will be my 3rd! I cannot recommend Nomad highly enough - and am frequently singing their praises. Skilled instruction, great boat, really accessible location and great people. Excellent in every way - oh and Lou's chocolate cake is SUBLIME!!!

2  Thank Anatolia69
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Can't recommend Nomad Sailing enough. I have studied for both my theory and practical Day Skipper qualification with them, I cannot fault the level of teaching and commitment to students. In addition to training I have chartered Nomad 1 and gone out on several skippered sails, and have always found the boat in excellent condition.

Lou and Jim are a great team, and offer a fantastic experience - and as others have already commented, Lou is a great baker!!

1  Thank StuartR_uk