“Surprising”

Premier Inn Gosport Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gosport
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed at a Premier Inn before so didn't know what to expect. We stayed in this hotel to be near our family for 2 nights. The Premier is on a busy road, and is in the same area as the leisure complex. Because of that and the fact that we were going to a funeral the next day we asked for a quiet room. I had one of the best nights sleep I've ever had in a hotel, so was not stressed through lack of sleep. The bedroom was huge, bed very comfortable, bathroom was a good size and very clean. We didn't have breakfast at the sailmaker as we weren't impressed by the reviews but must state that the staff there were very friendly when we had a drink before the impending event the next day.The hotel reception staff member, Beverly, gave us a lovely welcome, she was smashing. I hope she has time off as she was manning reception for the two days we stayed! She felt like an old friend by the time we left, even helped me with my bag to the car! Oh and I must mention Nigel, he showed us one of the bedrooms the previous week, when we popped in to see if we could get accommodation. That was also one of the reasons we decided to choose the Premier. We have unfortunately already booked our hotel for our New Year's stay but would definitely love to return later next year. An excellent choice. Oh just one point theres no shaving point in the bathroom, so make sure your electricals are fully charged, I.e. toothbrush! :-(

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Poshme

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The heating in our rooms (both my colleague and I experienced the same problem) wouldn't go on and the room remained freezing all night long. I was so cold that I had to get fully dressed at 5:45am not being able to stand the sub zero temperatures any longer. There was no point in complaining to the receptionist who was unhelpful and lacked any kind of customer service training. A dreadful experience I will hope never to repeat!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A H
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gosport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Everything you would expect from a new hotel and far more comfortable than older builds and recently refurbished establishments.......except: the chosen room heating is inadequate for the size of room and on a recent stay it wasn't working in our room, so we were very cold as the unit would only blow cold air(room 310). You also have to keep the bathroom door open, otherwise it is like walking into a fridge.There is also traffic noise on the road side of the hotel which would be disturbing if you wanted to sleep beyond 0700.

The adjoining Sailmaker pub has become very popular with locals, especially Fri-Sun and tables are not always available and it would be impossible to squeeze any more in. People also drift over from the gym/leisure centre, so be prepared to have sweaty neighbours. The food is average, the carvery cheap during the week but closes at 2030 or whenever the chef decides, which may be even earlier. The food serving times are not advertised in the in-room menus. Didn't have breakfast as too expensive and these are normally frequented by those who are taking advantage of "eating as much as you can for a fixed price". Move along the trough.

The staff in the hotel were very friendly and professional and we were refunded 1 night of our 2 night stay because of the heating issue.
The comparable pricing with the nearest Premier Inns is quite significant-up to £15.00 more on some nights, so that if you are not able to be flexible, you will pay for the privilege of being in Gosport.............................Who'd have thought it!!! At least it keeps the travelling building contractors out!

Room Tip: Stay away from the road side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I visited this hotel in November 2013 staying for one night whilst on a business trip with a colleague.

The hotel and the adjoining pub (The Sailmaker), only opened in August 2013 and so everything is still very new.

I found the facilities and staff excellent. I have stayed in a number of Premier Inns around the country and on the whole I have found them to be good value.

The broadband link was very quick and good value at £3 for 24 hours.

My colleague and I ate in the pub and the food was good although my Breaded Mushrooms were a little crisper than they should have been. Overall the pub has a pleasant atmosphere.

Breakfast is served in the pub and represents good value.

There are ample parking spaces available and whilst the hotel adjoins a busy road I did not notice it.

I would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

A group of us were in Gosport for birthday lunch and trip to the casino. Although I have stayed in well over 400 hotels around the world in the last 10 years or so I had never stayed in a Premier Inn.

Well, what I can say!

It was excellent with the best customer service I have received in a very long time. Lydia & Faeth could not have been more helpful or thoughtful - thank you ladies. I had been a tad trepiditious about the rooms (get claustrophobic in boxes) but they were in excellent condition, clean and perfectly adequate for the 1 night stay.

At the price I paid this was superb value for money and I will stay with them again. I commented as such on their customer survey.

The Sailmaker pub next door is adequate with good food at a reasonable price but if you don't like families and noisy kids I suggest you choose your time if going at the weekend. Monday morning breakfast was fine....

Room Tip: Mobile reception is very variable so suggest you ask for a room overlooking the car park as I seemed...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at this premier inn for two nights, quite a new build. Staff were professional and courteous. The rooms were immaculate and nothing was too much trouble for the domestic team, who were also very polite and helpful. Has breakfast next door - not enough staff on to cope with the demands of hungry guests. On both days took a long time for food to be replenished and the hot food was warm (had to wait 15 minutes for food restock). However I'm sure this is minor teething problems, as the staff were hard pushed but polite and their kind humor shone through. Will be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I spent just one night after visiting relatives in the area. This is a very new Premier Inn and it was perfect. The facilities, bed and furnishings and staff were just great. Obviously you don't stay at a premier In because of the architecture or the setting but for the convenience and the knowledge of what you can expect. I would certainly choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gosport
The Old Lodge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - Gunwharf Quays
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth
Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Gosport Hotel? Share your experiences!