“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gosport
Rochester
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Family of 4 staying one night before early ferry to Isle of Wight, warm welcome was great after long journey down. Room great size, everything we needed, even the bathroom was a good size! Beds were lovely and comfy especially the pillows, good nights sleep was had by all of us

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I travelled from New Zealand to visit family in Gosport and was booked in for a two week stay. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was huge and extremely comfortable and the bathroom was brilliant, big bath and nice shower. The housekeeping staff were lovely, making sure I always had extra milk for tea as I was suffering with bronchitis.
I did have a problem with non existent phone service which I was using to tether for internet, and in the end purchased a weeks worth of wifi for £10 so that I could communicate with family and friends. I had to go outside of the hotel though to make any phone calls!
One other problem I did encounter was that there are no ATM or cash back facilities at the hotel or on the Leisure Centre complex, which made life a little difficult for me as I needed to use the bus services to get about so had a 20 minute walk to the nearest garage to get cash out, probably not too much of a problem for a well person, or one who had a car, but as I was unwell and on foot, it was not a welcome walk in 27c heat along a busy main road.

Overall, my stay at the Premier was excellent, I could not fault the room or the staff and I would recommend here for a very comfortable short stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very clean and quiet. Family of five we were booked into two rooms and all apart from my youngest had a good nights sleep - his bed was extremly hard. Staff were very pleasant. We had breakfast at the pub next door which was as much as you could eat - The food was ok but nothing special a bit like what you might get in your local supermarket cafe.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my partner and I first stay in a premier inn and I have to say it exceeded my expectations. The staff were friendly and helpful nothing was to much and we were made to feel welcome every time we left and entered the hotel. We stayed in what is stated as a family room and stayed from the 27th - 29th. The room was very modern and spacious and the bathroom very clean the only issue we found was that my partner is 6ft 5 and couldn't fit under the shower head as it is fixed in position. I would definatly stay again at this premier inn!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of days with a colleague, hotel has a self checkin desk but there's generally someone there all the time.

Hotel is fairly new, nice and tidy with friendly welcoming staff, pub/restaurant next door for food so you don't need to walk too far, although if it's raining you'll need a coat to go for breakfast as it's about 50m walk.

Only negative I have about this is that some of the rooms facing the main road have very poor reception for mobile networks, I had 3 and EE but it was hard to get a good signal.

Rooms facing leisure centre were fine for mobiles.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MarkyMark-Scunny
Shropshire
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed last weekend, loved the new style décor (toned down the purple a little) - everything was clean and fresh, the staff friendly and the location was ideal, the rooms are very quiet and comfortable, couldn't find fault even if I tried.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Swaffham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on Thursday 26 June and were charged £180 for two rooms - no breakfast - this was an extra £8:00+ for full English and £6:00+ for anything else including a cup of coffee and a couple pieces of toast. The reason we were told the rooms were so expensive was that Goodwood was on! - what a joke Goodwood is 45 minutes away so why would anyone use a Premier Inn in Gosport if the were going to a festival that far away. sorry Premier we have used you a lot over the years but if you are going to exploited of your clientele in this way I will look at staying with one of your competitors. The amount of tea coffee etc left in the room was sparse we had to ask for more having had a cup of tea when we arrived and we wanted one when we woke in the morning. The hotel was clean as always for Premier and the staff were polite and professional.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BobbieJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gosport
The Old Lodge Hotel
#2 of 7 in Fareham
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
#18 of 38 in Portsmouth

Been to Premier Inn Gosport Hotel? Share your experiences!