“ALWAYS DELIVERS”

Ranked #33 of 179 Restaurants in Gosport
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I am a fairly "regular" visitor to Poppins and have NEVER been disappointed. Their food is always fresh, staff are attentive, restaurant is clean, food preparation area is spotless and everyone is always willing to help (where and if they can). I am a relatively fussy eater but every effort is made to tweek the menu to suit (it costs but it's definitely worth it). Overall, always a pleasant experience and definitely our "local".

1  Thank AndyLylTracey

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Popped in today for a very late lunch snack (3:30pm) - ominously the place was empty but I needn't have worried - and after all Gosport High Street on a cold wet weekday afternoon off-season wasn't exactly thronged with people (unsurprisingly, it has a rather depressing ambience). The service is quick and polite, the food excellent for that style of cafe. And several other patrons turned up while I was there.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My partner and I were visiting Gosport for the first time on a wet Monday afternoon, and needed a snack. This was the first place we came to, and although it's not the sort of cafe we would normally go to (I'm a cosy tea room sort of girl!) it was a port in a storm as it were. We weren't expecting much but were pleasantly surprised. The first thing that struck me was the cleanliness of the place, including the loos. The staff were immaculate, all men, wearing waistcoats and ties, and polite and helpful. The menu was varied and reasonable and the toasted sandwiches that we ordered came promptly and we're delicious. I would recommend this cafe.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We went in here looking for something quick and somewhere that everyone can eat. It was great, the staff were really friendly and not only with us but helping open doors etc for people with prams.

The food was good, its what you expect from a greasy spoon and the chips were amazing.

The only downside of the place is that its cash only - i live in the 21st century and don't tend to carry cash but other than that great place. Would go again when next in Gosport.

1  Thank joannelummy
Reviewed 30 January 2014

So far I have eaten at Poppins in Gosport 3 times, and never been let down once, the staff are very well groomed, always clean looking, even the cheif with his whites on cooking bacon and sausage was crisp and clean.
From the moment you walk through the door, the staff are attentive but not over baring, the restraurant is also well maintained and fresh and clean.
What struck me most watching the staff work, is each one seemed to know exactly what needed to be done,and what the other was about to do, all the staff effortlessly glided round the establishment clearing and wiping tables, plus taking orders, the potwash had all the dirties cleaned and way within moments of getting them, all the staff were happy and curtious, A BIG WELL DONE TO YOU ALL