The Anglesey Hotel
Premier Inn Gosport Hotel(Gosport)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$106
US$117
US$112
  • Breakfast included
The George Hotel(Portsmouth)
US$126
US$154
Premier Inn Southsea Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$95
US$86
Priceline
  • Pool
US$74
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Portsmouth City Centre Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgeorgian hotelgreat sunday lunchspecials boardthird floorstaff were all friendlyreal alewedding partysmall hotelchristmas mealbooked a tableold buildinglovely hotelnice atmospherevaried menustokes bayquiet areahotel bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2012

stayed here for 3 nights , good location for hms sultan, room 303 was a bit overpriced for what was classed as execitive room but was warm and plenty of hot water no problem parking all the staff were wonderful apart from the owner who barely nodded to us, great bar and friendly locals .resturant very good food , breakfast very good too

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank podge54
raybezani, Manager at The Anglesey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely report about our hotel. We really enjoy hearing that people have enjoyed their time when staying with us and I am please you took time and advantage to enjoy our unspoilt Bay and beach. Hopefully you will return one day.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I have stayed here on numerous occasions when I needed to work in the area and have never been disappointed. The staff are helpful and friendly the rooms are cosy and clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. Added to this the food in the restaurant and the bar is always very good quality. In the winter I was lovely and warm and in the summer I enjoyed waking up to the lovely views. My only disappointment is that my work in the area is finished, I travel frequently and this is one of my favourite places to stay.

Room Tip: The top floor is best and if you are lucky enough to get a room at the front corner the views are great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jackie2902
Reviewed 26 November 2012

very enjoyable stay free up grade on room on arrival newly refirbished bath room, quaint bar, excellent dining room, very good brealfast and amazing steak and kidney pudding for lunch.Staff vey helpful and courteous, front door key available for late revellers.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gew53
Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

On business in Hampshire & picked this hotel because of its good reviews. I was given a small double on the third floor for single occupancy which was fine. En suite shower and nicely decorated and very clean. It would have been a bit cosy for two but suited me perfectly.

I ate at the hotel in the evening & had a very nice meal from a small but wide-ranging menu. The hotel also has a large bar decorated with a naval theme. Breakfast was perfectly adequate but some fresh fruit salad & selection of yoghurt (out of stock on the day) would have been nice.

Overall, a good hotel with high standards & I'd be happy to stay there again. It also made a pleasant change from the usual chains.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Tex26
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Looks grand from the outside but a bit tired looking on the inside. We were booked into a standard room for two nights, and arrived about 5pm. Once we had unpacked we discovered the heating wasn't working. Management tried their best until about 8.30pm to get it working but to no avail. A small (noisey) ineffective fan heater was put in the room. This was unacceptable so we were transferred to another room, but only to sleep as it was booked for the followiing day (we left our personal effects in the original room). That night we ate in the bar. My wife had a chicken dish, which was "OK". I had fish and chips, which was disappointing (chips were sliced thin, dry, and tasteless.). Early the following morning, after an uncomfortable night, we returned to our original room. The radiator was now barely warm. Clearly there was something wrong with the central heating system because we heard some rooms were cold and others extremely hot!
Breakfast on both days was satisfactory. On checking out we paid the full rate; and in return given an apology for the inconvenience! Very disappointing overall.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
raybezani, Owner at The Anglesey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Thank you for taking time to write. If I could just enlighten you that I called out a plumber and an electrician and missed a party I had planned to attend. We worked until 2245 by which time we had resolved the problem and the heating was back working throughout the hotel. The problem was an electrical fault with a zone valve that took a while to diagnose. I did keep you fully informed that we were trying our best and I am surprised that you didn't take the opportunity to tell me that you were not happy with your meal. The hotel has two central heating systems covering different parts of the hotel so that I can change peoples rooms should I have such a problem.