The Old Lodge Hotel
US$127
US$147
US$143
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Southsea Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
US$96
US$94
Priceline
  • Pool
US$91
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Portsmouth City Centre Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbouncy castlefor sunday lunchnew chefthe small car parklovely little hotelhoneymoon suitesmall barhead chefwell stocked barlovely atmospherewedding receptionbirthday partyroom was clean and comfortablemaking us feelsmall hotelfew weeksbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Booked 6 rooms at Old Lodge as we were to attend a wedding in the local area. Firstly they allowed us to take our rooms early (noon) to enable us to get ready for the wedding. This was really great as we had all travelled several hours - other hotels in area could only offer 2/3 pm check in. We received a really friendly welcome upon arrival. Our rooms were lovely. Spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. Some rooms were nicer than others but all very comfortable.
Breakfast was delicious - big and hearty! They sat all 11 of us together and all were served at the same time.
The staff are fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble - the duty manager (Lesley?) even drove a member of the family staying at another hotel back when she couldn't get a taxi until 2am! She then got back and organised late night pizzas for us!
We will definitely return to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for lunch whilst at a function nearby. The food was fantastic, I had the open fish finger sandwich which was delicious, the best fish I've eaten in a long time. The Lodge is family friendly and tastefully decorated. We shall return again!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

On a bike ride took a pit stop. Staff helped us find a suitable place to lock our bikes while we had a drink. We sat inside and noticed the staff were helpful and friendly not only to the customers but also each other. Toilets were immaculate and I mean immaculate. Never been here before but after our brief visit and looking at the menu and I wouldn't hesitate in returning for a meal

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here one night as family home was bursting at the seams! Pleasant and comfortable. Friendly welcome, nice room and small but adequate bathroom with masses of instant hot water. Always a plus! Breakfast was OK, but weird that the toast came on the same plate as the cooked food and no jam or marmalade on display.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms up 2 steep flights of stairs although I think there is a lift I only discovered as I was about to leave!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A great little place. I regularly travel and usually stay in larger chain hotels, the Old Lodge has certainly changed my mind. The warm welcome, the quality of the food and the relaxed atmosphere was a great alternative and could learn the bigger hotels a trick or too. The steak and the freshly cooked breakfast were excellent and I would definitely return. John Smiths on tap also, which is always a bonus :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business