“Walking Break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haltwhistle
Burnhead Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 16 Haltwhistle B&B and Inns
“Walking Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Superb accommodation - highly recommended. Warm welcome, lovely hearty breakfast. A very clean and spacious room. Wonderful setting right on the hadrians wall national trail path. Sitting in the garden enjoying the sun setting over the surrounding countryside was a highlight of our walk- thank you!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here while walking Hadrian's Wall Path. I had unfortunately developed a shin injury and couldn't walk as far as I had hoped that day, so not only did David come and pick me up but he dropped me back there to start the next day. As everyone has said, the house is beautiful and the rooms were modern and spotless. After reading reviews beforehand, I must confess that I was hoping for a home-made treat when I got there, and Christine did not disappoint! They recommended the short walk down to the Milecastle Pub for dinner and offered to pick me up if it rained. They provided me with an ice pack for my shin and helped me sort out a few more details for my continued journey. The breakfast choices included just about anything you could want, and the food was delicious. Christine and David are excellent hosts and I highly recommend this place, especially if you're walking the wall, since it's right there!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This place is right on the path so you can watch people traversing the trail. There is also a cheerful babbling brook close by - so close you can hear it. The accommodations are very modern, warm and cheery.
I was initially met by David who warmly welcomed me into his home (B&B). And he's quite a marvelous fellow, really, but his wife is the angel on the trail. I had been turned down at the local pub because of my food allergies and I was quite hungry - so I asked Christine if she had some fruit I could buy from her. Nothing doing - she made me a sandwich - complete with chips, an apple and coffee. I felt so badly for imposing but she put her arm around me and assured me that if the roles were reversed that I'd come through for her. This woman is on her way to sainthood - and I'm putting in a lot of votes for her.
This is another place where the accommodations are far above excellent but the real draw is the beautiful souls who live here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Excellent location as the wall goes through the Dining Room ! Christine and David are great hosts and after an excellent days walk from Brampton we were made very welcome. Christine had already booked us a table at the nearby Milecastle Inn for dinner and a couple of excellent beers. After a good nights sleep and a great breakfast we went on our way complete with packed lunch. Would certainly recommend Burnhead for a great stop over.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

You can't get any closer to Hadrian's Wall! The house itself is made from stones from the wall and the alignment goes right through the house. This is a small Bed and Breakfast with 2 rooms in suite and 1 without bath (which is rented with one of the rooms with bath.) We were greeted warmly by the owners upon arrival and shown up to our room. We were in a twin room, second floor (all rooms are there.) The room has a small bathroom with shower, tea/coffee water heater and a selection of teas and instant coffees. There are even extra blankets in a drawer on the north side of the bed closest to the window. Our hostess brought up freshly made cake and tea which was welcome. The breakfast is delicious and consists of what you chose the night before. The wifi doesn't work well in our room, and we were welcomed to use the dining room in order to connect.
You will literally walk out of the house and be on the Hadrian's Wall trail. We walked to the closer mile fort and drove to several other locations. Maps and books for the area are in your room or on a table in the hall. Well planned out! Thank you for making reservations for us at the Milecastle Inn. The food was excellent as was the service!
We had a problem finding the B&B. The road leads north from the main road. When the small road splits, turn left. The house you come to is the B & B.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

First stayed here in 2008 and knew I had to come back. Spent 4 night here in April 2013 then another 3 in May. Christine and David run a wonderful B&B in a great location. They looked after me so well I'm feeling homesick for the place.
If you're planning on walking the wall then this is the ideal location to base yourself. There's also a nice pub just half a mile away and the AD122 bus stops there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Burnhead was iterally on Hadrian's Wall! David and Christine made us feel right at home but without the work. After a long day hiking the pub was great-food was excellent. A little difficult accessing the wifi though. Enjoyed our breakfast and the conversaton.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Virginia D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haltwhistle
Langley Castle Hotel
#3 of 7 in Haydon Bridge
Ald White Craig Farm
Ald White Craig Farm
#4 of 9 in Haltwhistle

Been to Burnhead Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!