This hotel was booked as part of a walking holiday on Hadrian's Wall. We were very pleasantly surprised when we got there, - super room in a 15/16th century ancient building, really large & spacious. I think all the rooms were very nice. Meals - lovely food, and plentiful! The staff were very helpful and the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. The hotel is only 10/15 mins from the railway station and you can also get busses going east & west along the wall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is Haltwhistle’s most historic building. The oldest part of the hotel was a Border Reivers' Pele Tower, dating from the 15th Century. Later it became a Manor House, Excise Office, Coaching Inn, Post Office, Temperance Hotel, Pub and Cafe. In 1997 we completely refurbished the building, finding many archaeological and architectural features - many of which have been included in the presentation of the reborn Hotel.The result – a combination of modern comfort & Tradition. We have a total of 12 bedrooms, all individually designed many with original architectural features. All have private bathrooms and are equipped with TV, radio, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and hair dryers.We have a secure car park at the rear of the hotel with direct access to the rearSo, there is something for everyone, but most of all a warm welcome with a relaxed style and atmosphere to make you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Centre of Britain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Of Britain Haltwhistle
- Centre Of Britain Hotel Haltwhistle, Northumberland