“5 star service and Fantastic food”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dorchester-on-Thames
George Hotel Dorchester-on-Thames
Warrington
“5 star service and Fantastic food”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Dont believe any of the bad reviews for this hotel. I stay in a lot of hotels around the UK and this is the best one I have stayed in for a long time. The rooms are very nice, smart and the bed in room 24 was very big and really comfortable. All of the staff are really polite and helpful and cannot do enough for you, really attentive. I stayed here for 2 days and both meals were excellent value for money, I can recommend the steak with peppercorn sauce and the breakfast was excellent to. I do not normally eat breakfast in the morning, but when I stay here again, I would definately not miss breakfast. Accomodation and food is definately, excellent value for money and I would definately recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reading
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had a Sunday lunch here today and it was excellent. Delicious Sunday roast and also tried other food from the menu. A really nice relaxed atmosphere and everyone also seemed to be having a nice time. Good value and some nice real ales. The head waiter was was very professional and the entire staff were very polite and welcoming. We will be going back here soon; fully recommended!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here for one night in early Jan and it was fantastic. My partner, parents and myself were travelling around the UK and wanted to see the area where 'Midsomer Murders" was filmed. The location was great, the service was beyond reproach and yes the accommodation could never be described as modern or 5 star but neither did it pretend to be. I have done modern and 5 star many times and most of the places I can barely remember but I won't be forgetting the George Hotel any time soon. Sleeping in a building that is 600 years old, creeky floorboards and hubby having to duck his head constantly to avoid low beams, just added to fun. The food served in the pub was to die for. I would go as far as to say that was the best roast chicken I have ever eaten! The village itself was lovely and our only regret was that we could only stay for one night. Would love to visit there again one day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carly4498
Honiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a great place to stay. All the staff are friendly and very helpful whatever the circumstance. Despite being very busy the manager rescued me when I fused all the lights, lost my key and couldn't work out the remote control. The atmosphere is perfect and the food is delicious. The rooms are clean and quirky. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone and we can't wait to return. Thanks to all the team for a very pleasant trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Wallingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Had dinner at George Hotel New Years Eve. Excellent. Nicely presented dinning room, very friendly staff. Very good menu to choose from, cooked to perfection . The Trio of desserts was to die for. Well done to you all at the George. Thank you.x

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Telford
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Friendly natives, excellent food, real ale, superb staff.
Ample parking, Wi-Fi, really lovely place to stay.
I don't understand one of the reviews criticising the cleanliness of the rooms, I've stopped here for a number of months and never had an issue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank malkie23
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I love this old, quirky inn. It's not 5 star but neither does it pretend to be. It is what it is a beautiful historic coaching inn with a friendly village atmosphere. I travel here alone when on business and have always been made to feel welcome by the staff and the locals. Excellent food both in the bar and the breakfasts. It's a little gem.

Room Tip: room 24 is delightful. Church view and a four poster