“proper summer holiday”

Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“proper summer holiday”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked this via a phone call to park resorts customer services because we have pet hair allergy issues. We were advised to book silver accommodation. Arrived 2 hours early to site and was advised accommodation was ready and we had been upgraded to Gold plus!! The check in could not have been easier and the caravan was right next to all of the park facilities - happy much!! The absolute treasure of Skipsea Sands resort are their friendly and helpful staff, every staff member that we had contact with was helpful, professional,friendly and seemed HAPPY to be there. Having worked at a holiday park myself (a few years ago now) I know it can be difficult dealing with the myriad of issues on a daily basis whilst maintaining a smile. The sports activities and swimming pool were also reasons I wanted to book here, so that my 13 yr old son would be occupied - he greatly enjoyed the archery and crossbow activities. There is a list of activities daily as well as daily entertainment for day and night to suit adults and children. The accommodation was clean and well equipped and it was great not to have to make beds or worry about doing a "big clean up" on our last day. (I did obviously leave it clean!). I would definitely recommend Skipsea Sands to others and will look at booking again for myself and son. Well done Park resorts - we arrived home well rested and with happy memories.

1 Thank Debs1970A
Park R, General Manager at Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your very kind review which will be read by the team here. We all work very hard to ensure that all of our guests have an amazing holiday and it certainly looks like we impressed on this occasion.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we hope to see you again soon.

01262 468 210

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Polish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just returned from a week stay here 2nd Aug to 9th Aug. Firstly I was very impressed polite greeting by the Reception staff, the location due to coastal erosion is now at the end of the road so no through traffic we stayed in Southfield 154 a gold plus caravan. Very clean and acceptable only criticism is storage space is not suitable in this caravan type, but the location was perfect, quiet at night close enough to the entertainment (about 5mins walk).
The show bar is well laid out for views, the entertainment staff were brilliant, Ryan is a stand out entertainer, he was a joy to watch and my children loved him.
The food in the sands diner is nice and of good pub quality.
The arcades are dated and not really much fun but we are not there for that.
Location wise there is no access to the beach at the park but a short walk (10mins) down a none vehicular road takes you to Ulrome beach (i think its called)
We had an external electric box issue with our caravan which was repaired very quickly by two very polite different men.
As a family we never return to the same place twice for a holiday but if you want an old school entertainment holiday this is it fantastic. (By old school I mean not throwing merchandise in your face like butlins etc)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to read your comments and in particular the way that every member of staff you encountered left a positive impression on you. The team do work very hard to ensure all guests have a great holiday and I am pleased we delivered.

I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Hessle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here in a caravan (bronze accommodation) for the weekend. Checked in ok but on arrival at the caravan was very disappointed. The whole caravan stunk like a dog bed and was filthy. The tv didnt work but was replaced within an hour. The restaurant was even worse as it looked like none of the tables had been cleared from lunch time and even when they were they were not wiped clean so we did not eat in the restaurant. The entertainment lounge was ok but yet again the cleanliness of the glasses at the bar was terrible. I dont expect to be given a dirty look when asking for a clean wine glass as the one supplied had lipstick on it. On the plus side the entertainment was very good. The kids play area was ok but a bit basic. We would not stay here again due to the lack of cleanliness even though the entertainment was good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and I am so sorry that our usual standards were not maintained. It is not acceptable for you to find tables that haven’t been cleared and I can only assume we had a major rush on and as a result our usual standards were not met.

I hope these issues do not deter you from returning to Park Resorts in the future.

york
Reviewed 9 August 2014

good points..... amazing staff from start to end, teamstars ryan and brad were brilliant, these guys are always smiling regardless of whatever activity.
pool staff were fantastic, chatting to my kids and making them feel welcome, encouraging them in the activities and giving lots of praise for there achievements, thanks guys :)
our caravan was gold plus, very clean and very spacious.
bad points..... public toilets were a huge let down, very dirty and a few broken locks, very much in need of a refurb in the loos!!! booked a gold plus caravan but had to wait an extra hour to check in as staff said they were having problems with cleaners, aqua jets all broken apart from two so no aqua jet activities, ( this was the same last year).
overall the problems didn't affect our holiday greatly and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased that you felt your holiday was value for money. I am sorry about the toilets - we have had some issues with them and this is clearly unacceptable. I will ensure that these issues are addressed immediately.

I am particularly pleased to read your comments regarding the team and I agree wholeheartedly – they do an amazing job. I hope we will see you again soon.

York
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Really good week, enjoyed it, caravan was very clean and great location near to the clubhouse, staff were friendly nice food and good facilities the entertainment on the night was also very good, would definitely recommend and go again, definitely a great place for the family

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you had a great holiday. The team and I are always grateful to receive feedback, and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

firstly I would like to thank all the staff at skipsea sands for making our camping trip extra special!
On arrival we were greeted by a very nice and pleasant staff, who checked us in quickly and let us get on with our holiday.

The site itself was well maintained and clean throughout, if you did find a mucky table or toilet, the staff were more than happy to sort it, and very promptly too, being of a reasonable price, this was something of a surprise! Steve the handy man was pleasant and cheery, kept bumping into him and he was happy to chat while he worked.

the tent pitches themselves were very spacious and well kept, giving good privacy from your neighbours.

But the biggest bonus this sight has, is the entertainment staff, they work tirelessly all day and night, always with a smile on their faces, the kids just love them and the staff love them too( again nothing is too much trouble) we had a blast watching them on stage and also joining in a few times, even when they were not working and we bumped into them, they still had time for a chat and still with a smile on their faces.

Over all this site we found perfect for us, we found it difficult to leave the site, what with so many activities going on through the day (the favourite was the spy school, the kids absolutely loved this) Bradley (from the CIA and Ryan from MI5) kept the kids entertained while the other staff organised different challenges for the kids to take on ( each staff took on their own rolls excellently and kept the kids interested)

The only downside we could find, was the water activities, swimming was free, but things such as aquajets, waterwalking, the inflatable obstacle course etc was at a cost, this wasn't the problem, the issue was, it was poorly organised, we had booked the aquajets, unfortunately we missed it, we booked for the day after and when we turned up, we were informed that all the jets had been returned the day before for maintenence, which meant they weren't even there when we turned up the day before, we ended up losing a day waiting around for something that was never going to happen. This was disappointing as I said before, it was at extra cost.

Overall this site is perfect for families and thanks once again for a fantastic holiday, we have already booked to return next year.

Room Tip: this is a campsite, so bring the best tent you can lol
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your very kind review and I am delighted that you had a great holiday with us. I understand your points regarding the additional water activities. Unfortunately the Aqua Jets do have to go off for a service periodically for Health & Safety reasons. We generally send a couple of these at a time, but unfortunately we also had a couple break down at the same time.

Thank you again and I know that the team will appreciate your feedback.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The family and I booked 9 nights camping at Skipsea sands, I must say it is the first time we have ever been greeted at our plot by Steve the new site manager. Nothing was too much bother and very helpful, he lent us an extension lead on arrival as we were quite a distance from the electric box and our lead which is quite long didn't reach. We have been to Skipsea sands for many years and always enjoy our stay, facilities are some very good some not so good. The shower blocks are very dated now, steve did his best to make sure they were clean and mostly working, look there not world class but serviceable. We bought a puppy this year and took her camping with us, we ordered food from the bar and sat outside to eat. I thought the food was expensive for what it was, and when it came it was cold. We didn't eat there again preferring to eat out elsewhere, silly really we should have complained but didn't. Looking at other reviews and seeing what people thought of the staff in reception, (some good, some bad) I know what they mean as we our selfs have been on both sides of the counter having very good service to having appalling service. The club and entertainment are brilliant for the kids and give parents a bit of a breather as they are off doing there thing, coming back only for more money....LoL...Look if you want 5* don't go, if you like good old fashion camping with electric and showers and shop and bar then you will love it as we do...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin B
Thank you for your review and I am so pleased that you had a great holiday with us. I am sorry your food was not hot enough when it was brought to you. This is not the norm and we would always encourage a guest to report any issues no matter how small and we will always deal with them at the time.

I am pleased to read your comments on Steve the touring warden who does an excellent job, and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

01262 468 210
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skipsea
Monarch Hotel
#6 of 29 in Bridlington
Beachside B&B
Beachside B&B
#1 of 8 in Hornsea

Been to Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!