“Utter luxury in secret woodland paradise”

Review of Dora's Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Anne C
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Utter luxury in secret woodland paradise”
Reviewed 7 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

As a surprise, my husband booked three nights at Dora's Cottage for our wedding anniversary, it was absolutely fantastic. I don't know where to start, the views WOW!! As the advert says it really is set in the middle of the woods, you drive down through the trees and arrive at the Cottage which is next to a beautiful Rectory.

You feel you are in the middle of a secret wood with open views across the hills, it felt so magical. We sat in the loungers and watched the sun go down with the bottle of champagne which the owner left for us, which was such a lovely touch.

The cottage has been beautifully decorated, I am not sure if the owner is a designer, but it was totally stunning and welcoming. I was worried about the beds as sometimes they can be uncomfortable, but these beds were better than ours at home! luxury brand bedding and pillows made it feel like a five star hotel.

We ate at the restaurant that was featured in the advert, Kinghams in Shere which was a perfect recomendation as the food and wine was amazing. I honestly felt really special and I would love to come back to the cottage again.Well done to the owners of this cottage, they have totally got it spot on.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
10 Aug 2018
Hello Anne,
Thank you for giving me such a wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed staying with us, it was our pleasure to have you and I hope you will come again soon.
Best wishes

Amanda.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing