“Beautiful Restaurant. Average Food”
Review of Shenapur

Shenapur
Ranked #39 of 136 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Having not visited Shenapur before, my partner and I decided it was time to give the local Indian a try. Being Indian food lovers, we were rather excited to see what to expect. First impressions were great. The decor was modern and chique, the waiters were all smartly dressed in black, giving off a professional outlook. On a critical note, it actually felt like a Monday evening rather than a Saturday night as you'd expect a little more atmosphere. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed ourselves whilst waiting for the food to arrive, which took a good half an hour, just for starters! Once the mains had come, I was really struggling to understand the procedure being carried out. If the food is coming out of the kitchen sizzling hot, as it should do, why do they feel the need to reheat. It just made no sense to us. In addition to that, there were probably more waiters then there were customers, and regardless of their politeness and quality service, they made me feel extremely uncomfortable due to their walking around like soldiers, constantly making eye contact with us. I just didn't know where to look. More importantly, the food was Ok. I wouldn't exaggerate and say its the best Indian food I've had, because it's not. It was just standard, and will definitely not be putting it on my top 10. Beautiful restaurant, just a shame the food isn't as good.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Lovely surroundings with very polite helpful staff. Food excellent
every time.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Went here last Sunday. For £9.95 you can have a four course meal and choose anything from the main menu which is pretty good value.
Staff are friendly too.

1  Thank kevin L
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Good menu choice which is always tasty, whether waiting in or take away. Friendly, efficient service in clean & modern surroundings. Recommended.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Me and my family where passing by when we notice the restraunt, looked inviting and decided to pop in, the deco was amazing and the staff were very welcoming and attentive, but most of all the food was delicious, also the little things like the manager going around topping up our drinks and asking if everything was ok made us feel more comfortable and felt that they cared about their customers which is very rare these days. Had a very enjoyable experience and will recomend to everyone. Think we found our new favourite place to eat.