“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Laurels Bed and Breakfast

The Laurels Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stourbridge
The Laurels Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Stourbridge B&B and Inns
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I've been staying in various hotels in the Stourbridge area recently trying to find one i like and I think I've found it It's one of the cheapest but offers the best service, clean rooms and very tasty breakfasts. I also had the chance to have an evening meal which was very good. The breakfasts are all cooked to order which means that you can have exactly what you want and they were all unfailingly cooked to perfection. They also have the best coffee I've ever had in hotel.

Halfway through my week long stay whilst I was out and about I managed to break my arm. Up until this point the service was excellent. After this the service went far and beyond what I could have expected. I was given another four pillows to rest my arm on. The next morning I went down to breakfast and ordered egg and baked beans as these were the only things I could eat with one hand. However, I enjoyed a full English breakfast which they cut up for me so that I could eat it. Due to my arm I had to leave a few days early and this was not a problem.

I will definitely be returning

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RicDod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

A family reunion in Stourbridge was the reason for booking this lovely guest house for one night's stay. We wish that we could have stayed longer as the quality of the accommodation and the availability of the swimming pool has put this guest house top of our B&B list. The grounds are beautiful and the hospitality exceptionally welcoming - tea and cakes on arrival!

An excellent night's sleep followed by a hearty breakfast. My wife now wants to move to the Midlands!

Room Tip: Ring ahead to check that the pool is available during your stay
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reigate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at The Laurels on a weekend away with French relatives and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. Rooms were clean and well appointed, a beautiful garden and breakfast room, and the full English breakfast did us proud. We were made to feel extremely welcome by our hosts - Josie and George being away at the time, we were looked after by their charming neighbours, all organised in advance by Josie of course. Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 48Stephen48
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

What a wonderful B & B. Not only are the rooms clean, spacious and well appointed but nothing is too much trouble for Josie and George, you get treated like friends rather than guests. The evening meal was excellent value for money and one night, due to family commitments, as they could not provide a meal they drove us to and from the local pub so we could all have a drink with our meal. They also coped very well with my wife's food intolerances. We will definitely return for another visit.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PGBass
Guisborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I work away from home and for the last six months I have stayed here during the week. What a find......Josie and George are friendly and very helpful, making my stay exceptionally pleasant. I thoroughly recommend The Laurels and doubt whether I will ever find another B&B like this. They go above and beyond what you would normally find - well done and a hearty thanks to the both of you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We have not stayed anywhere more welcoming and at a very reasonable price. It was our second visit.
Nothing is too much trouble for Josie and George. They provided a fabulous evening meal which was excellent value for money and absolutely delicious. A spacious sitting room was made available for us where we were offered tea and home made cakes. Wonderful.
Attention to detail is first rate.
The room was very comfortable and roomy. It had a very clean bathroom and shower with shampoo etc. available. The bed is comfortable and the décor of the room is lovely and in general, very nicely appointed indeed.
The breakfast is top notch and timing flexible so that you don't have to be up at the crack of dawn. Everything felt relaxed and unhurried. Thank you so much Josie and George. Perfect.

I recommend this accommodation. It was fantastic.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. The one next to the greenhouse is particularly nice! The rooms are all...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stella B
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Josie and her husband were very nice people and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were however very small and the beds a little hard. Breakfast was very nice and lots of tea and coffee in your room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank taloolaa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stourbridge
Premier Inn Stourbridge Town Centre Hotel
#1 of 2 in Himley
Brockencote Hall Hotel
Brockencote Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett

Been to The Laurels Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!