“A very pleasant evening”

The Crown At Iverley
Ranked #23 of 135 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A fine dining restaurant in a comfortable & relaxing atmosphere, building on the strong classy & prestigious reputation The Crown has always had to make it smarter & more stylish than it’s ever been.We offer a lunchtime menu Tuesday- Saturday between 12pm-2.30pm. We have a Table D’hôte menu Tuesday- Friday lunchtime 12pm-2.30pm and Tuesday- Thursday evenings between 6pm-9pm.We have our Evening and A la Carte menu available Tuesday- Saturday evening between 6pm-9.30pm.Every Sunday a new menu is constructed by our head chef Craig that offers a traditional roast option from Herefordshire Beef & roast loin of Gloucestershire Pork, alongside other beautifully cooked dishes including English asparagus and pea risotto, fan fried sea bass pasta and beer battered cod & Chips.To check out what is currently on our menus, please browse our “menus” section.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went here recently for a family party and had a very pleasant evening.The welcome was inviting, the ambiance was just delightful and the staff were all very pleasant and efficient, and they knew how to pour champagne,,, that was a treat! ( both the champagne and the service).

The menu has enough variety on it to satisfy most palettes I would imagine, although there are two menus which was confusing, perhaps they use the one for lunches I'm not sure otherwise its pointless having two as you could choose of both. However, we chose across both and every thing we had ordered arrived on time, hot and served with a smile, its getting my vote so far. The food was delicious and as there were too many of us to mention everyone's dish, those around me chose steaks and fish, with no complaints, the vegetables were crisp, but not raw,cooked but not destroyed, al dente as it should be.
We has an appropriate pause after the main course before being offered desserts and then chose form a delightful section of which I could have chosen all ! However delicious they all were, I felt the chocolate mouse with ice cream and popping candy was outrageous at £8.50 particularly when all the ingredients together filled half a small glass.There were others at around £ 7.00 but all far overpriced I felt.I feel this is a common theme these days perhaps over charging for desserts to make a profit where there is a loss elsewhere, but it doesn't work for me.
I will return because its great to see The Crown in good hands once more, they are doing a great job, but perhaps I will hold back on pud next time.

1  Thank kate616275
There are newer reviews for The Crown At Iverley

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A very relaxing atmosphere and great ambiance with fantastic food. Menu reasonably priced too for the quality of the food...would go again!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been to the crown for a while, but had always remembered it being lovely so thought I would try it again. I went with my partner and we were both unhappy with the meal, we ate from the pub menu, as with the small selection of food on both menu's, there wasn't a huge amount of choice.

I started with the rustic duck liver and pork belly pâté and to be perfectly honest the only way I can describe the taste, is the smell that's always overwhelming in the butchers, it tasted like that smell, which wasn't great.

My partner had the cheese and bacon beef burger for main and the size of the burger itself was extremely small, it had an even smaller amount of bacon on it and was just a bit rubbish in general.

I had the cod and chips, which was okay.. But the batter was slightly soggy and the small spoonful of mushy peas just seemed a little stingy.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely pub, but the chairs are uncomfortable, there isn't a huge amount of choice and the food just isn't that great, massively over-rated!

2  Thank shakeris06
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We visited the Crown for a family birthday meal and I have to say I thought the service, the food and the establishment was second to none.

The food was immaculately presented, the staff could not do enough to help.

One thing I noticed was the menu was simple to understand and there was a wide range of food on offer. I have issues with a lot of these chain pubs that seem to be appearing all over the place with a one dimensional menu.

I found with the crown however that the menu is changeable and the chef cooks all his ingredients from scratch It is such a refreshing change to see an establishment finally have its own unique menu and delivered with passion in clean surroundings and with friendly staff. And for £30 for a starter, main, desert, coffee and wine I really could not fault the food on offer.

Highly recommend and I will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten at The Crown on numerous occasions over the past year since it re opened and I cannot fault it! The food is always excellent no matter which menu we have eaten off and the service is equally as excellent; the staff are well turned out and attentive to the customer. The pub is beautifully decorated and the patio and garden are well kept so it is lovely to sit and enjoy a drink before/after your meal.
I would recommend The Crown to anyone looking for somewhere which serves excellent food and a nice atmosphere!