“Good French Classics”

Ranked #12 of 137 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Price range: US$18 - US$46
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run Bistro serving quality food at a fair price. Seats up to 50 persons in a typically French Provincial Bistro setting.
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Enjoyed a delicious dinner well cooked and nicely served by friendly waiters. The price reflected the quality and presentation of the dishes. Cant fault it really but please change the dated decor. Maybe it is supposed to be shabby French Chic, it does have a certain rustic charm but it looks so tired and tacky. When wallpaper starts to peel Get It Off!!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Ate here with my friend last night, 20th July. Had a lovely evening, the food was lovely although I was disappointed that it wasn't really very French - no bourguignon on the menu and nothing seemed very garlicky. The restaurant itself is very quaint and French-feeling and the service was good. It is extremely pricey (£7 for a starter!!) although the portions are decent. There were very few specials and no offers which I was a bit disgruntled about as it was virtually empty and as I have a Tastecard and know you can get a discount off the menu on week nights, I felt a bit cheated at paying full price to think that the restaurant wasn't even half full. Everyone was really friendly though and the drinks didn't appear to be too overpriced and my friend and I had a really lovely evening. I would go back but only on a week night when I can get a discount with my Tastecard, or if they had an offer on. (I know they do a set menu at lunchtimes but I don't like eating a full meal at lunchtimes as I would want another at night!!!)

Reviewed 14 July 2013

A relaxing lunch with friends. Beautifully prepared food and ample portions. Welcoming proprietor and friendly attentive staff. We will certainly be back.. As with some other contributors my only criticism is the drink prices. We will be drinking more water next time !.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Fabulous food, service and atmosphere! A little taste of France in Stourbridge...take a trip to the Duke Wellington for a drink afterwards too!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Went here as a couple last booking 9:30 on a Saturday evening. We were only offered the a la carte menu. The specials on the board had all been sold.

A very nice man came & chatted to us while we were looking at the menu. I think he was the owner.
We had a bottle of the French white house wine which was very nice, fresh & fruity (think it was about £15). He did let us sample some first to make sure we liked it.
Starters I had the mussels served with garlic butter which were really good, followed by the Chicken thighs stuffed with Chorizo & the watercress sauce was tasty. Its comes with a small selection of veg.
I then went for the milk chocolate brownie served with a dark chocolate mousse with
a mini white chocolate milkshake on the side. This was very good. I could have licked the plate but I am a chocolate lover.
My husband had the mushroom starter followed by cod and salmon with a sharp lemon and dill sauce which he liked. He didn't have a pudding, they don't really interest him.

All in all we enjoyed our experience here & will go again. Its a nice little restaurant with a comfortable atmosphere. Out bill came to around £60 for the two of us, so not too expensive.