“True English Tearoom”

Angel Corner Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Mere
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“True English Tearoom”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Mere is a excellent example of a English village, the Angel Corner Tearoom fits in very well. Centrally positioned next to the town war memorial.
Very neat and tidy with exhibits of tea memorabilia in various cabinettes around the periphery. The tea room is bigger than it looks being "L" shaped. My tea was excellent, as was my wife's latte coffee, we shared a shortcake which I would class as average.
Staff when we were there were very supportive of a couple with a small baby. Worth a visit!

Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Little Cafe...Let Down In Another Way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We visited the Angel Corner Tea Rooms last week, in early/mid afternoon. Neither of us had ever been before. Would have to say that it is a lovely little place to eat! The town, Mere, itself is such a perfect location for the type of tearoom it is, too. Menu choice, excellent, and priced very reasonably. Did find it a bit strange that my "Old fashioned high tea" was all served on just one large plate, though, as I had imagined it would be served on a more tiered kind plate stand. Have never had the jam, scone & clotted cream sitting right next to the baby tomatoes and cucumber, with this sort of tea before. Waitress was a very pleasant young lady, but did find the male member of staff in the cafe not keen to make eye contact or pass the time of day in any way whilst giving us our food. When he was asked by customers who came in, shortly after us, about what was still being served, back came a very "terse" reply of "I'm not doing any more food" To which one of the party, who caught my eye, raised his eyebrows in mock horror, at the comment. Felt, as I heard it, that it could have been said in a friendlier tone. Perhaps he is simply not a "people person" but excels in the business side of things and choice of menu.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Elizabeth W
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good in some ways, not in others”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Found this tea room by accident after taking a wrong turning off the A303! Welcome wasn't the warmest and the place felt a bit dated in terms of some of the decor, but my plate of scrambled eggs on toast was generous and well cooked. Others in my party had sandwiches with side salads which were equally good. My wife and I both felt our cappuccinos were weak however.

Cookham, United Kingdom
“Angel Corner Tearooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I have visited the tearoom,a real little gem,friendly welcome,quick service,good cup of tea and a great coffee,need to keep it to myself in case it becomes too popular(only joking).Paul Farrow deserves to do well.We make this our stop off between Maidenhead and Torquay.Keep up the good service Paul

Visited November 2013
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Poached eggs are yummmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We popped in for lunch on a visit to Mere. The poached eggs on toast were faultless.
Very friendly and prompt service.

• Visited September 2013