“Like coming home!”
Review of West Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Erin
West Lodge B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Port Erin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Coming over from Canada, you never know what to expect in a different country. We have stayed a number of times with Barbara and Eric and now consider them to be friends. Not only are you made to feel part of the family but the rooms are clean and cozy and the food is fabulous. We are looking very much forward to our next stay with them for 2014 TT.
Barbara & Ken, from Canada

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hi Barbara and Ken Thankyou once again for your kind words,it is always nice to see you both and we hope you make it through the winter months without bike fever, see you in 2014 take care
kind regards Eric and Barbara

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed for one night only at the family run West Lodge. On a boys walking trip, passing through Port Erin- Barbara and Eric were happy only to happy to accommodate us for a single stay. Very spacious rooms. Greeted with homemade cake and a cupa. Delicious breakfast to set us up for our hike over to Peele. Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Thankyou for your kind review,we hope you visit the Island again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

A wonderful place to stay in IOM. Goes very well along with the calm and peaceful nature of the island itself. Clean and pretty rooms with delicious and generous breakfast. Barbara was a genuinely wonderful host! I was there just for the weekend, but I wish I could have been there for longer. I'll be going back to IOM someday and I'll definitely stay at the West Lodge! I would recommend this place to anyone who wishes to stay away from the 'city', and still be close to all the facilities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thankyou for your kind review,it was a shame you were only here for a short while maybe see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

\just back from trip to Port Erin and IOM. Thoroughly enjoyed stopping at West Lodge. This is the best place we have stayed at on IOM. Lovely clean accommodation, Great cooked breakfast and delicious cakes every day. Hosts always helpful with advice and tips. Would highly recommend. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thankyou Rupert for your kind review,its good to know you enjoy staying with us .It makes all our effort worth while.
regards Eric and Barbara

Reviewed 28 August 2013

After my first visit last November I had no hesitation in returning in May. I felt I was coming home! Situated in easy walking distance of the sea front, shops and eateries in Port Erin, West Lodge ticks all the boxes and more. Nothing was too much trouble. The bathroom is just down the corridor with dressing gowns thoughtfully provided and the breakfast/sitting room provides all you need from an array of beverages to some of Barbara's delicious cake at supper time! Breakfast is excellent with ample choice. The bus and steam train station is near by and Port Erin bay is a beautiful setting for sunsets as well as a good starting point for coastal walks. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: November 2012
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

We are so glad you came to stay at Westlodge again and that you enjoyed your stay.Eric and I look forward to your next visit. All the best

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have been coming to the IOM and Port Erin in particular for 15 years, and of all the places I have stayed, this is the one I would choose to come back to. Barbara and Eric are the perfect hosts and make sure all their guests have everything they need, and they are prepared to put themselves out for the guests and allow them to use the kitchen and other facilities usually not available to B&B guests.

Having read the other comments, it is true that the bathroom is shared and there are no TVs in the bedroom, but these are only slight inconveniences and a little planning means everyone gets to use the bathroom in comfort. Their brochure explains exactly what is and is not offered, so you wont get any shocks. The negative comments should not detract from the warm and homely atmosphere they have created for the guests, and remember there are the little extras they provide such as the wonderful cakes supplied every night. There is free Wifi, so you can watch programmes in the room if you want to.

Their breakfasts are extensive and beautifully cooked, the bedrooms and all communal rooms are spick and span, and really the whole experience they provide is excellent. All this for just £25 or night, too.

So, if you are using this review to plan your holiday, give them a ring. You won't be disappointed if you decide to stay there ( and I was there 2 weeks) .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thankyou for your kind review ,we always try our best for our guests to have a good time in Port Erin and you certainly packed alot in on your holiday.We hope to see you again soon and all the best for the future.
kind regards Eric and Barbara

Reviewed 18 August 2013

this is my first time travelling alone, especially in a foreign country. before i got there, i had been a bit unsure what to do and what people would be like there, but i definitely had a best holiday ever. first Eric and Barbara made me very welcomed and tried to help me to make plans that i could fit as much as in my short-stay schedule. and clean beds and lovely breakfast are much appreciated. besides, Manx are best people i have ever met, everyone is so friendly and helpful. i really would like to go this island and live in Eric & Barbara's again :)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Audrreyyy
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thankyou Audrey for your review,it was a shame you did not have longer to see the I O M,but we would be glad to see you back some time in the future.It was a pleasure to meet you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Erin
Arrandale House & Apartments
Cherry Orchard Apartments
Cherry Orchard Apartments
#1 of 1 in Port Erin

Been to West Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!