“Great hotel ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my partner traveled to the Isle of Man in late May unfortunately our visit was for a funeral so not the happiest of times. After a short flight from the uk we arrived in the IOM a quick drive and we were in Port Erin where the Falcons nest is located. The hotel is situated at the end of the main road with quite a lot of the hotel overlooking the beach and sea. With check in being a easy process we were soon in our room which had a stunning view looking out to the sea.
The hotel itself is a bit tired but you can look past that as it’s full of character, there is lots of food choices in amazing restaurants with some seats looking out towards the beach. The breakfast was a buffet system with so much choice of both hot and cold food, juices and unlimited tea and coffee.
The staff are always on hand and ready to help, great choice of drinks in the bar and if you like whiskey you are in for a treat.
The rooms like parts of the hotel are a bit tired but were very very clean.
If you are looking for a hotel with great staff, great food, lots of charm and an amazing location give the Falcons Nest a call.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff is young and very friendly. The restaurant was quite busy, so I had to sit in the bar area.
Strange system where you have to go back to the restaurant to order food and then to the bar to order the drinks.
Had tuna steak, poorly cooked, served with cauliflower, carrots and baby potatoes.
The price was OK, but the hotel should look into hire new kitchen staff

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We spent a pleasant evening at the Falcons nest, where we had a carvery meal and a few beers, the staff are great and really helpful.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Was there for the TTm my fist time I asked a few local people where to eat and was told here, but, its a bit hit and miss so I thought I'd give a try. Menus are very dated with their food. Manx queenie were OK but cooked to death in the sauce, but tasted OK, smokey which I like. Steak was good and cooked to rear, not tough and good flavour but the mushrooms were dry and just cooked in an oven with absolutely no love, no good extremely shrivelled and horrible. Not good.
Then there were the fries! The worst fries I have been served in my life, crusty over cooked, most likely deep fried over and over.
They were horrible,
Staff are friendly and helpful
The place is very aged and could use a full refurbishment but that's not the point if this refview.
It's OK but don't eat thd fries

Reviewed 6 June 2018

The carvery (and roast dinner off the menu) is super and there is plenty of it. The price is very reasonable and the chef and staff very friendly.