“Fantastic!!!”

Bradda Glen Restaurant and Tea Rooms
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Port Erin
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, British
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Restaurant and Tea Rooms offer restful peace and the comfort of great food. Our close knit team provides a wide range of great foods, from afternoon tea and light bites through to a la carte meals. We have a fully licensed bar with plenty of drinks and nibbles to choose from, and pride ourselves that the cake and desserts stand is always well stocked with goodies. Come and enjoy this beautiful location with friends, family, and even pets! We have ample parking, and there are some wonderful walks nearby for the adventurous at heart!
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch for our wedding anniversary with our 4 year old and newborn having never been before. This is a brilliant place to go, friendly staff, lovely setting with a nice modern look and most importantly fantastically cooked food and cakes. Nice to see rob creasy doing a great job and will be defiantly going back. As for the comments re prices, we had two adult meals, kids meal with cakes and 2 lots of drinks for under 30 quid. For the quality it is very very good value for money.

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Stale & dry cakes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went to Bradda Glen last Sunday for a walk, and afterwards visited the nice looking café overlooking the bay for tea & cakes. The location is the best thing about the place judging by the standard of cakes, my fruit cake was dry but somewhat tasty. But my wife's coffee & walnut cake was so stale & dry that she only had a small part of it.. before passing it to me to try, no way was it freshly made or even one or two days old. Worst cake I've ever had, and I love my cake!
At that point we should have gone and get our money back, but been as we were with friends we didn't want to complain.

• Visited June 2014
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Not Great!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch at the Bradda Cafe but unfortunately didn't enjoy the food at all. I have to agree with the previous review in the fact that the descriptions on the menu don't actually match up to what you get especially the jacket potatoes. They are obviously cooked in the morning and then left to be served all day which isn't good if you order any later than 1pm. The cheese had been put on top with a load of onions and then microwaved! So definitely not crispy! The coffee is very poor too and drink with caution as I nearly suffered third degree burns on my tongue. The service was ok and the manager did give me a refund on the jacket potato and offer me a complimentary desert but more attention is needed to the food and coffee.

Visited June 2014
Isle of Man
“Didn't deliver....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped for a light lunch after walking the dog on Bradda Head. As with all eating establishments on the Island, we were confined to the outside terrace as we had a dog with us. Staff were friendly and polite, and I was torn between a stilton, pear and walnut salad or a jacket potato with cheese and onion. Normally it would be no competition as I'm a huge stilton fan, but the write up on the menu for the baked potato sounded lovely - according to the menu, they baked the potato, then scooped the inside out and mashed it up with cheese and onion before piling the filling back into the potato skin and finishing off in the oven to give a crisp finish. Mmmm. Sounded great so I ordered it. I ended up with a large microwaved potato (skin was soggy, not crispy), with a sprinkling of cheese and onion on top of it. How disappointing! No butter supplied either - it was as dry as the sahara. And to top it off, the potato was as hard as rock. I scraped the cheesey bit of the top and left the rest - nobody came to ask if we were enjoying our meal so I had nobody to complain to. I'm sure my plate of leftover rock hard potato spoke volumes. If you're just going to supply an uncooked, microwaved spud with a handful of cheese on top, Bradda Glen, then please be honest. Don't hype it up on the menu if you're not going to do what you promise........ Great views though.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Buddysmum
Norfolk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went for an evening meal. The food was excellent but expensive. The setting of the restaurant is beautiful as it looks right across the bay.

• Visited May 2014