“Perfect birthday evening” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Titan - CLOSED

Titan
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Perfect birthday evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I went here after hearing about it through friends. We booked as we were a group of 15. The staff were friendly and helpful when choosing from the menu. All of the food was delicious and different from other places on the island. We were not rushed for the table to be given to other customers and felt comfortable to stay as long as we wanted. The staff sang happy birthday to me and me and my friends got flaming sambuccas on the house after our meal. Definitely recommend especially for a party.

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“If this is the best on the IOM, it's no surprise the Manx people are slim”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

After placing our order on a recent visit we were told that, as the plaice was so fresh, there would be a delay in our order as it hadn't yet been filleted. Knowing this would be a short job we decided to wait. After a wait of over an hour, our food still hadn't arrived. We were told that there had been more people coming than they had expected and that they could only fit a certain number of Titans on the grill at any one time. As we had booked in advance, we were quite annoyed that not only were people who hadn't booked being served before us but also people who arrived after us. Clearly, the food was leaving the kitchen to suit the chef not the clients. When my fish finally arrived, an hour and a quarter after having ordered it, I was nauseous with hunger and didn't really want it which was just as well as my sole was over cooked s was my daughter's plaice and the potatoes served with them were hard, not al dente, hard. As we were guest of our friends it was difficult for me to complain at the time but I did so on leaving. The waitress was completely indifferent to my complaint and said cheerfully, "Oh, see you again" Oh no you won't!. The waitress who served us, a different one from the one I spoke to at the end was pleasant and friendly though.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

The Titan Restaurant is a must visit if you ever go to the Isle of Man, it is in the town of Port Erin a lovely sleepy Town, with a beach to die for, the Titan is on the sea front with a view of the sea and harbour . their signature dish is the Titan which is excellent, see photo at top of page, the staff are so welcoming, and you have plenty of time inbetween courses to enjoy the delicious wine and check the views.

If you prefer to eat alfresco there is a delightful rooftop dining area with open views to the sea.
at the end of a busy day, this is the place to enjoy a fabulous eating experience.

1 Thank Doreen R
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Overall some of the best food I have tasted in any restaurant before!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Went to the Titan for a meal on the night of my birthday, and I can honestly say I have never.tasted restaurant food so good before. My friend and I shared a plate of locally caught Queenies as a starter and they were delicious. For main course my friend enjoyed the John Dory and Risotto; two wonderfully cooked fillets again locally sourced, while I had the Classic Toro Titan which was presented in the most amazing way and was the juiciest, most succulent and fantastically tasting meat you can imagine. The only slight let down was the Baileys Cheesecake and Ice Cream we ordered for desert, which tasted a little flat with only a hiny of Baileys and more ice than cream. However, the service was excellent, and the waitresses were friendly, chatty and helpful and answered any questions we had. If I every get to visit the Isle of Man again, there would be no doubt I would certain book a table here again.

Douglas, United Kingdom
“First time under new owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My partner and i went to Titan first time since it was bohemian.. what a delight, service was excellent, atmosphere was brilliant, food was excellent overall a fantastic night, prices could be a tad lower but i dont mind paying for excellent fresh food and thats what it was...I hope Titan continues to run in this way ideal for someone who lives in the Isle of Man in the south ...do we finally have a good restauraunt to frequent and bring our family and friends too rather than driving to douglas all the time ...Well done PLEASE keep it up it will be our pleasure to come again and recommend it ;-)