Falcon's Nest Hotel
Agoda.com
All reviewsisle of mansea viewfour poster bedfriendly hotelgood sized bathroomreal alelovely viewseaside townample parkingstayed for nightscomfy bedsingle roombit datedstar ratingan evening mealwide choicefish and chips
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is our 'go to' restaurant near our home and we have never been disappointed and I am not exaggerating. Firstly, the staff are lovely and can;t do enough for you, its a great family atmosphere and very laid back. Is it ultra modern? No, but is it good food and good price-yes! I would highly recommend the falcon burger, a huge home made (not frozen EVER) burger with cheese and bacon and home made onion rings and fresh chips, you can;t ask for better, if you want a great meal then go there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank t-c67
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had already stopped at the hotel in 2012 so we rebooked for 2013. The hotel is ideal for us as it is close to Castletown where we were watching the Southern 100. The room was light and airy with a wonderful sea view, a very comfy bed, the bathroom had a shower with a cubicle and a bath. The only thing was there was no shampoo and I found the liquid soap a little harsh on my hair. A very pleasant restaurant where we eat several times. The breakfast was well cooked and there was plenty of choice.

Friendly staff, good value for money and we were so pleased we have booked again for 2014 - same room

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carole K
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My wife and I spent a pleasant week here. The hotel is a little tired on the outside and definitely a typical Victorian seaside hotel on the inside. Our room had a wonderful sea view was large, comfortable and clean. The bathroom could have done with a little more attention around the shower area.
The restaurant served excellent food and good wine at down to earth prices and again some wonderful sea views from their terrace. I found the staff polite attentive and helpful at all times, even when the restaurants were full.
I would have preferred a freshly cooked breakfast rather than a hot plate buffet but you could have a much as you want.
One vast improvement would be to get a user friendly toaster and have milk cartons available at reception for making additional drinks in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Im so pleasuered that I could stay in your hotel. Everything was perfect from the room, the service till restaurant. Reception was so helpfully, they were trying to do evertything for my sadisfation. Im on tryp accros europe. I stayed in a lot of hotels, but yours have the nicest people i have ever seen. I like yours staff profesionality, You can be so proud for people you have. Im looking for that, when ill come back to yours Isle of man and specialy to your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dudko41
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Booked and paid deposit for a four night stay in sea view family room. Hotel looks scruffy from outside and inside smelt of stale food and beer. Our family room was very spacious but that was all it had going for it, our sea view was not visible through the condensation and would not let our 3year old near them as they looked unsafe, there was a sign on one saying latch was broken so we could not open it. Dog hairs on floor, bathroom made you feel dirty, decor appalling. Clearly not a well maintained hotel that after a quick look round we decided we would chance looking for somewhere else, and for £5 more a night we got a room at Ramsey park hotel which was fantastic. The manageress at the falcons nest refused to refund our deposit and did not have the decency to speak to us direct but through a very apologetic and embarrassed young receptionist. Do not go here there are plenty of other decent hotels on the island.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Amanda F
anon030, General Manager at Falcon's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

I have this morning had a telephone call from a lady who stayed in this room last week thanking us so much for an enjoyable holiday, stating she will be recommending us. I know tastes are individual and the hotel is full of Victorian character so not the choice for a guest requiring an ultra modern hotel. The receptionist telephoned me at home to explain the guests did not wish to stay and whilst it is company policy to retain the deposit if a guest does not chose to stay after they have arrived and checked in the hotel did not take payment of the full amount of the stay which we would have been entitled to do. The hotel is clean and safe and I am sorry the guests did not give us the opportunity to give them the best of our good food and excellent customer service.