“Superb meal”

Price range: £20 - £30
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Offering delicious local seafood and more from its waterfront location in Tarbert, Loch Fyne. Booking is strongly recommended.
Reviewed 12 August 2021

First visit to The Anchorage for a friend and myself. Absolutely superb meal. Duck Spring rolls with Chilli Dip followed by Tandoori Chicken. My friend had the poached egg/black pudding starter followed by Haddock and Chips. Lovely atmosphere and friendly waiting staff. Great value for money. Will definitely visit again. Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank Minigirl2014

Reviewed 31 July 2021

The chefs were on fire in their kitchen tonight. I had the best mussels in the nicest broth I’ve ever tasted. My husband and I both had the rib eye steaks. They were perfectly cooked medium/rare and tasted delicious. Homemade chips and onion rings were cooked perfectly with a nice little salad on the side. The waiting staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming. We loved the whole experience and would definitely recommend this restaurant. Well done to the chefs for producing such high quality food and the waiting staff for excellent service.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

Fresh and delicious food, friendly staff and an intimate atmosphere. We came for dinner and had a very enjoyable time. We both had the muscles which were excellent.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 27 July 2021

Scallop starter was very generous and tasty.The black pudding and egg starter was very good too, if a bit breakfast-ish.
Fish and chips were good, fish perhaps a wee bit small I thought. My son's steak was very good, really good size with plenty of chips.
Side veg was generous and interesting and nicely cooked.
Certainly somewhere I'd go back to with a good menu and various 'specials.'
The fact that it was booked solid while we were there says a lot.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Scotlandmac
Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

Lovely food nice staff can’t fault the place at all really enjoyed our meal , wife’s steak was cooked just how she liked it and my tandoori chicken was superb topped off with a simple but lovely cheese board

Date of visit: June 2021