“Excellent b&b”

and 1 more site!
Struan House
Ranked #4 of 14 Tarbert B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed at Struan House last week and would highly recommend the place to anyone. The rooms were immaculate and the position perfect for visiting Tarbert.

I only have one teeny suggestion - the menu for breakfast is great but could do with a vegetarian option. We were advised that we could score out the things we didn't want (eg. Scrambled eggs but request without fish). It would have been nice to have a veggie option though like an omelette? Or a veggie cooked breakfast? The owners were amazingly accommodating and I'm sure we could have requested this during our stay but we felt it would have been cheeky to add veggie sausages to the menu.

Apart from that we could not fault the place and highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura T
There are newer reviews for Struan House

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at Struan House for the third time now and have always found it spotlessly clean, with a homely atmosphere with fantastic hosts who want nothing but you to have a pleasant stay.

On two of our trips we have been lucky enough to be put in the room overlooking the harbour. Don't worry the double-glazing completely blocks out the sounds of the early-morning fisherman leaving to go to sea.

The rooms are well-appointed, with all the expected bits and bobs, TV, kettle etc. A range of herbal teas and coffee was available and the piping hot en-suite shower was a great way to start the day, only surpassed by the breakfast. My wife had the full-english, and couldn't eat it all, the sausages were local and very tasty. I had the kippers which we cooked to perfection and set me up for the rest of the day.

The Bistro below the B&B has got to have one of the best all-singing, all-dancing, coffee machines I have ever seen and can it can produce the perfect Cappaccino.

John and Kirsten were great hosts and it is clear that they wanted us to have a good stay. I know I can book with complete confidence for any future business trips I have in the future but at the same time I am looking for an excuse to return for a holiday as John and Kirsten made our business stop feel like a holiday.

You can't go wrong with this.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the harbour are bright and airy with a constantly moving scene outside. Those to t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I would offer Struan House the highest recommendation possible.
We stayed for two nights in the early December storms with a mixed party using both double and twin rooms in complete comfort. The Shower in the Arran ensuite was probably the best I have used at any small hotel. Kristen and John are fabulous hosts who do everything they can to make your stay go perfectly. Breakfast was great and the transformation of the dining area into 'Scott's Bistro' is superb. We enjoyed a fantastic meal for eight one of our stay and all enjoyed it tremendously; along with the huge selection of ales, ciders, wines and whiskys!
Book with absolute confidence.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Homely yet with the extra pleasure of being indulged and wonderfully provided for and the extra bonus of hosts who know how to create a friendly, comfortable ambience with a high focus on quality and attention to detail.Great location for experiencing wonderful Argyll and after travelling around during the day, convenient and special to stay put - with great food, and full variety of drinks from the bistro to enjoy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This place is just lovely!!!! I received a warm welcome from Scott and found the place to have a very relaxing atmosphere. The room ( Isle of Arran) has a great outlook onto the working harbour where I sat by the window with a glass of Chardonnay watching the fishing boats coming into land with their catch of the day. The room was very nicely furnished with a very powerful shower and not a speck of dust to be seen!!! Breakfast was perfect to set me up for my day. I admired the Bistro's furniture so much so that I was sitting thinking " wander how that would look in my home". Scott was kind enough to tell me of his friend who made some of the beautifully crafted furniture which makes the place all the more unique!!!! I am already looking at my diary to plan my next trip. Keep doing what your doing guys....I loved it!!!!

Room Tip: Isle of Arran great views of harbour!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2011

A superbly appointed location as a base for golfers! We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere particularly after battling the elements throughout the day: very much part of the working harbour-front. The rooms were extremely comfortable and a few steps downstairs to the fantastic bistro/restaurant below was just the ticket. Hearty breakfasts with fresh kippers set us up perfectly for the day. Many thanks!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Look no further folks, this is the place you've always been looking for when trying to find the right accommodation. The rooms were warm and very well furnished and the beds and linen as you would always wish to have at home. the breakfasts were phenomenal and set us up for a proper days Golf and sightseeing. Very friendly hosts and staff, nothing was too much trouble and the quality is very high. I really would recommend this place to one and All.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends