“Lovely View - Great Food”

The Victoria Hotel and restaurant
Ranked #14 of 17 Restaurants in Tarbert
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Victoria Hotel and restaurant Known by many yachtsmen as the place to go through the yachting season when they arrive in Tarbert with its great atmosphere and good quality food and friendly staff,We thrive from seeing people happy and laughing and generally enjoying the good things in life and we hope to carry on this tradition throughout the years to come , so please feel free to pop in and give us try . Hope to see you soon :)
Calgary, Canada
“Lovely View - Great Food”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Unfortunately we were unable to stay at the Victoria Hotel this trip however I did plan our day trip down to Campbeltown so that we could have dinner at the Victoria on our return trip to Lochgilphead. The Victoria has a magnificent view across the Tarbert harbor. After venturing south on the Kintyre Peninsula to Campbeltown along the west coast and then driving along the west coast back to Tarbert, I was definitely ready for a refreshing drink and a rewarding meal. The Victoria Hotel did not disappoint. I wanted to make certain that I tried as much local seafood as possible and that I did. My compliments again to the chef - the King Scallops were wonderful and the mussels were done perfectly in a yummy broth. Prices in my opinion were very reasonable for the quality of food that was presented to us. Despite the rain the atmosphere was lovely and warm and the service was very welcoming on a cool, damp day. Thank you for this awesome experience. I look forward to returning and staying the night at your hotel.

• Visited May 2011

Leeds
“Would recommend!!!”
Reviewed 8 May 2011

The service was fantastic, the staff were always happy to help and do so with a smile. the food was brilliant in fact the best i have had and the rooms are very comfortable and has great views of the harbour after recent refurbishment.

• Visited April 2011
Angus, Scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not suitable for vegetarians!”
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Unfortunately we didn't even bother entering The Victoria due to the exceptionally poor vegetarian option on the display menu - nachos was the one and only choice available! I realise that seafood is the staple in Tarbert, but restaurants must realise that not everyone eats this and in this day and age they need to offer far more interesting food for vegetarians than this. Very disappointed!

• Visited March 2011