“Good Food not so good service.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 17 Restaurants in Tarbert
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Victoria Hotel and restaurant Known by many yachtsmen as the place to go through the yachting season when they arrive in Tarbert with its great atmosphere and good quality food and friendly staff,We thrive from seeing people happy and laughing and generally enjoying the good things in life and we hope to carry on this tradition throughout the years to come , so please feel free to pop in and give us try . Hope to see you soon :)
Lochgilphead, United Kingdom
“Good Food not so good service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have eaten here a few times and always enjoyed my food, however the service leaves a lot to be desired. The last time I ate the staff were rude and one young boy serving was loudly swearing where we could hear, as a waitress myself I didn't find this very professional. However It hasn't put me off and I will return as the food is good and resonably priced and if you sit in the conservatory you get a lovely view onto the harbour. I'm hoping the staff had an off day and will be more polite and friendly the next time.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mauster2

south lanarks
“wee gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I recently had dinner in the restaurant and had a lovely time. I had a tower of black pudding, haggis and goats cheese which was fantastic then followed it with poached egg with smoked haddock beautiful. Nice wine and a real character of a waitress called Margaret she was a scream.
If ever up that way again will definately go back again

• Visited May 2012
Argyll, Scotland
“Great food, service and views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We have eaten here twice now, once last year on my partners birthday in August and again last week. Both visits have been excellent. We stayed on our boat in the nearby marina which is just a short walk along a brand new promenade.
The restaurant has great views of the working fishing harbour and is light, airy and comfortable. The menu is varied and has something for all tastes. To start we shared the King scallops (1 each) in garlic and herb butter. They were delicious and we were served fresh, warm bread also. My partner then had steamed chicken breast stuffed with haggis in Tarragon sauce, and I had the home made chicken curry. Both dishes were generous portions, cooked well and full of flavour. The service from a young waiter and waitress was friendly and efficient. We will be returning again!

• Visited June 2012
leeds
“Margaret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Worth a visit just to be served by this marvelous lady - Margaret served us with a smile and recounted stories of her life and time in Tarbert - great fun and an asset to the hotel - nice food as well

Visited June 2012
“Poor unfresh food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Food took ages to be served fish was like water drowned in greasy batter, chicken curry was more like vegtable curry only nice thing on my plate was salad n chips, only three choices on kids menu which was also poor, waitresses were super and helpfull, deserve a pay rise, defenatly not worth the money and won't be going back !!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles